These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 Lounge

Additional Tone Present on Spider IV Class A Red Model?
by cgtrman on 2009-10-04 20:18:12

I own the new Spider IV 75 amp and I am really happy with it. However, I think the next update should address the additional tone I keep hearing when I play a single note on the G or B string around the 12th fret. Listen and you'll hear another note present in addition to the one you are fretting. I hope this gets addressed because the Class A red is really a great amp model! Overall, very nice job on the Spider IV. The more I play with it, the more I realize that you can squeeze great tone out of the amp if you are patient and understand all it can do.

Re: Additional Tone Present on Spider IV Class A Red Model?
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2009-10-04 20:23:16

Do a search for ghost notes on Vox AC 30s, it's a characteristic that has been accurately modelled by Line 6 in their amp models.

Cheers,

Crusty

by cgtrman on 2009-10-05 08:10:44

Never knew that. Thx for the info.

by poynt99 on 2012-09-09 13:07:35

That's difficult to swallow.

Further research into the so-called "ghost-note" issue has revealed that it is extrememly unlikely that these discordant notes are ghost notes modeled from the amplifiers.

There are at least a dozen amplifier models in the POD X3 and Spider IV amplifier (and probably many more products) exhibiting this problem, and the suspicious fact that makes it difficult to believe these are modeled after the amplifier itself, is that every one of these models exhibits the exact same discordant note. One would expect each amplifier that was being modeled would exhibit its own unique-sounding artifact, yet this is NOT the case with these modeled amplifiers.

Have a listen for yourself and come to the only logical conclusion available.

PS. I have not yet listened to the POD HD, but I will report back what I find in this regard.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.