These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Lowdown

LD150 - Using MP3/CD Input Jack
by kweatherhead on 2009-10-05 23:06:31

Greetings,

I am new to the LowDown Amps and I am wondering if this is an issue or by design.

If I plug a MP3 player into the jack and turn on the AMP, it plays thru the speaker for a second or two and then goes silent...

However the input jack source always plays thru the Headphone jack.

Shouldn't an MP3 play thru the main speaker?

I added the HD400 tag to this as I also have a HD400 and have not yet tried it, but hope that it plays thru the speaker on that AMP when I get to position where I can test it.

Keith

Re: LD150 - Using MP3/CD Input Jack
by kweatherhead on 2009-10-06 10:04:26

I've had a couple of responses from Line 6 Support, but I'm not sure that my question has been addressed....

First, I have tried to reset to Factory Settings   (Hold "A" amd Power On)

Let me retry the situation.

Playing a MP3 thru the  CD/MP3 jack on the back of the LD150...

If I am using headphones this work perfectly...

If not using headphones, if the MP3 player is running on power-up of the AMP....

It will play for a second or two thru the speaker and then quit... turning off the amp and then turning it

back on will play MP3 sound for another second or two thru the speaker before going silent.

I suspect there is a problem with the AMP as I suspect that it *should* play the mp3 signal thru the main

speaker, correct?

Keith

by ricksox on 2009-10-08 10:33:35

Keith,

Just plug a dummy cable into your instrument input. That kicks on the internal speaker and you'll be able to hear your iPod or MP3 player.

Line6Miller

by kweatherhead on 2009-10-08 10:40:32

I had my bass plugged in... it was working just fine !

I had no .mp3 thru the speaker, but had both bass and mp3 thru the headphones....

Regards,

Keith

by ricksox on 2009-10-08 10:44:48

I'm not understanding something here. Are you expecting to hear sound out of the headphones and speakers at the same time? If so then that won't work. Plugging headphones in will defeat the internal speakers automatically.

Line6Miller

by kweatherhead on 2009-10-08 10:48:39

NO, I know better than that !

What I am saying is....

With my bass plugged in the AMP and working....

And my mp3 played plugged in to the back of the AMP and working....

If I DO NOT have the headphones plugged in....

I only get my Bass out the speaker....

I DO NOT get the mp3 out the speaker...

If I plug the headphones in....

I get BOTH the bass and the mp3 in the headphones....

Regards,

Keith

by Kneehow on 2009-10-08 11:12:40

Hi,

I believe you should have a repair tech diagnose the issue, which is occurring internally on your device. You should be hearing both .mp3/CD signal and bass signal through the speaker simultaneously, as you do through the headphones currently when phones are connected.

Regards,

L6Perry

by kweatherhead on 2009-10-08 11:18:07

Thank-You !!

That is what I suspected, but I bought it off a friend and never knew if it was that way since day one or not.

Before I hauled it in, I just wanted to make sure that I understood how it was suppose to work.

Maybe I will get a chance to check-out my HD400 this week-end and make sure it functions properly, too.

Regards,

Keith

by fischerdmk on 2012-10-14 14:45:59

I am having the same problem with my LD150. Did you ever get yours fixed or figure out the issue? thanks

by kweatherhead on 2012-10-14 17:44:48

No, I never did neither (fix or figure it out). I cannot even remember if I checked my HD400 although I kind of think I did and it was fine. I had the chance to pickup a small Fender practice amp that was similarily equiped (for less than a song and a dance), I just figured it was a better deal than paying a repair bill, plus it was smaller and better sized for being in my office when I want to grab my bass and rip off a few lines.

Keith

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.