These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3L switches are BROKEN again! Help Line 6!!
by greenviolin on 2009-10-07 21:40:34

Two of the tone switches on my x3l have broken again! Originally it was 4 or 5 switches broken less than a year after buying the unit new. It took almost 3 months for the repair to happen, ruining booked performances!

I play the violin. I'm not thrasing around on stage with my equipment!

Please help me fix these switches for good Line 6. What can you do besides have me take the instrument in to switch out the plastic thingamabobs again?

I'm tired of this problem, as it's hindering my career. I like the setup and sounds of the x3l but reliability is more important than brand loyalty.

Line 6, what can you do to help?

-Marc

Re: POD X3L switches are BROKEN again! Help Line 6!!
by greenviolin on 2009-10-07 22:43:15

Doing some research I came across this:

"good news is that there was an identified issue with some of the footswitches that have been given a lifetime warranty...

you'd need to check your serial number though... personally i'm not aware of the affected serial numbers... but the info is in the forums if you search."

and this:

"There is no public document we can show to prove to you that they are covered, but when you take the X3 Live to them, tell them to go over Technical Bulletin #44 for the X3 Live footswitch light pipe replacement in the service manual. These tech bulletin repairs are considered warranty repairs even after 1 year."

I had already taken my x3l in for one repair on the switches. Obviously mine is one of the "affected serial number" units if there is such a thing. If this is true, could you just switch mine out with a "not affected serial number" unit? It can be a used x3l. I don't care. As long as the buttons stop breaking.

Because obviously the initial repair I had done under warranty was a short-lived "fix"

-Marc

by greenviolin on 2009-10-07 22:50:27

Ok so I know it's the light pipes thing. Reading up on it I see that those are the plastic connectors that hold the switches to the board right? When I had originally taken it in for warranty, the technician showed me the broken plastic.

Line 6, if you're offering free repairs on these, can I send my unit directly to you instead of having an authorized service technician work on it? I live in a rural area and the authorized tech (who was already a 2 hour drive away) obviously didn't fix the problem the first time.

-Marc

by ricksox on 2009-10-08 14:39:57

Hello,

You can indeed send the unit to us if you'd like to.

Please give us a call and get in touch with our service department.

(818)575-3600

Line6Miller

by greenviolin on 2009-10-18 23:49:38

Thanks Miller. I know this must sound like a broken record hearing harp after harp on these topics.

by tittalwax on 2009-10-19 12:05:49

Fix it like this...http://line6.com/community/message/4797#4797 Works fine last long time.

by TheRealZap on 2009-10-19 12:30:34

i know it works and all... but the idea of someone doing this ghetto crap to an x3 just makes me wanna bite their fingers! hahaha

grrrrrr

especially with L6 agreeing to fix it for free the right way...

by tittalwax on 2009-10-20 11:08:18

Yes,  Line 6 will fix it the right way, but it will break again and again and again........ etc. etc.  My way has worked since I repaired it and will keep on just like the energizer bunny.

by MOKEY12345 on 2012-09-05 14:29:45

What about the newer versions. I have two with all the same problems and one has been in twice already costing me over $200 so far for the buttons at your repair center!

And both have problems with the volume pedal!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.