These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Riffworks Line 6 / Standard Edition

Riffworks 2.5
by misterdrew on 2009-10-11 03:14:56

Just upgraded from v2.2 and none of my Gearbox/POD Farm Plugins work It just says I need a licence

Re: Riffworks 2.5
by ricksox on 2009-10-13 15:40:25

If you've upgraded to Riffworks Standard then you need to download and activate it. The key should be available to you in the My Account section of our website. Take a look at the response I made to a similar thread.

http://line6.com/community/thread/20043?tstart=0

Line6Miller

by misterdrew on 2009-10-14 05:41:03

Still not working !

So far I've

Uninstalled ALL Line 6 & Sonoma software

Re downloaded and re installed L6 Riff Works 2.2 SWW Riff Works Standard v 2.5 Gearbox 3.7 Podfarm 1.11 & Monkey 1.31

After reinstall used monkey to authorize and refresh the software

See the screenshots attached

As you can see Riffworks is both installed & activated

Gearbox is also installed and activated (tested using Riff Works 2.2)

I would like to know why when I use Riffworks Standard when I select Gearbox as a VST it doesn't record processed guitar audio also if I use Gearbox as a standalone with Riffworks Standard either starting GB first then RW or starting RW then GB I get the same result

As it stands at this time I've been a customer of L6 since 2004 and I currently own

Vetta II Combo

FBV Foot Controller

Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon

GuitarPort

Guitar Port online subscription since 2005

Gearbox + All Instant Drummerds, + Metal Shop, Collectors Classics, FX Junkie & Power Pack

Riffworks Line 6 Edition from v1.0 - 2.2

Riffworks Standard v 2.5

Not exactly a lite user, I pretty much use L6 exclusively

So when I'm asked to upgrade, and pay for the privilege I get little annoyed at the apparent lack of functionality and compatibility

I see that a lot of prople are getting the same errors and issues

What am I doing wrong!!!!!

Thanks

Drew

by misterdrew on 2009-10-14 05:45:30

Still not working !

So far I've

Uninstalled ALL Line 6 & Sonoma software

Re downloaded and re installed L6 Riff Works 2.2 SWW Riff Works Standard v 2.5 Gearbox 3.7 Podfarm 1.11 & Monkey 1.31

After reinstall used monkey to authorize and refresh the software

See the screenshots attached

I would like to know why when I use Riffworks Standard when I select Gearbox as a VST it doesn't record processed guitar audio also if I use Gearbox as a standalone with Riffworks Standard either starting GB first then RW or starting RW then GB I get the same result

As it stands at this time I've been a customer of L6 since 2004 and I currently own

Vetta II Combo

FBV Foot Controller

Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon

GuitarPort

Guitar Port online subscription since 2005

Gearbox + All Instant Drummerds, + Metal Shop, Collectors Classics, FX Junkie & Power Pack

Riffworks Line 6 Edition from v1.0 - 2.2

Riffworks Standard v 2.5

Not exactly a lite user, I pretty much use L6 exclusively

So when I'm asked to upgrade, and pay for the privilege I get little annoyed at the apparent lack of functionality and compatibility

I see that a lot of prople are getting the same errors and issues

What am I doing wrong!!!!!

Thanks

Drew

by ricksox on 2009-10-14 10:02:58

misterdrew wrote:

You never purchased Gearbox as a VST plug in which is why it will not process audio as a plug in within RW. If oyu want plug in functioainlity you can buy the POD FArm plug in which will work fine in RW.

As far as the Gearbox stand alone not processing audio, I'm not sure. It should process your audio just fine when you have GB and RW launched as separate apps. How do you have the ASIO settings set up in RW?

Also, are you sure that in Gearbox you are not sending a dry signal by accident? What happens when you try yo use POD Farm as a stand alone app next to RW? Does it process any audio?

Line6Miller

by misterdrew on 2009-10-14 12:58:49

Thanks for your prompt reply

However

When I purchased Gearbox + the world’s supply of add ons I expected it to be compatible with the recording software you were currently marketing and of course it was

When I took your advice to “upgrade” to Riffworks Standard v2.5 I assumed that it would also be compatible with Gearbox, as your site did not make it clear that it was not

I feel VST functionality should have been enabled (free) if your intentions were to no longer update Riffworks L6 edition so that the existing customers could enjoy the functionality of Gearbox with RW Standard

I am shocked that your advice is to spend yet more money on more of your software, to achieve the same functionality that I already had. That’s on top of the £30 I already spent “upgrading”!

I feel the £30 I spent on the RW upgrade was a waste of my money I should have just purchased Pod Farm

I feel VST functionality should be enabled (free of charge) or a decent cross grade discount given to those wanting to upgrade to Pod Farm from Gearbox.

Drew

by AndyParedes on 2009-10-14 14:12:45

Hello,

While you did purchase model packs for your Rifftracker, You never purchased the plug in option for Gearbox or PODFarm, which is what you will need to use it as a "plug in". You can still run Gearbox prior to Riffworks and record your processed tone that way instead of using it as a plug in.

If you are interested in purchasing the plug-in you can do so at the following link:

http://line6.com/store/podfarm/guitarport

If you want to submit a feature request for future updates or improvement on products, see the following link:

Feature requests

http://line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3

by misterdrew on 2009-10-14 14:50:28

As I said your site does not make it clear that Riff Works Standard is not compatible with Gearbox no one has addressed that issue I feel ripped off!!!

If purchase Pod Farm Will I still be able to use my already purchased model packs?

by ricksox on 2009-10-14 15:08:45

misterdrew wrote:

As I said your site does not make it clear that Riff Works Standard is not compatible with Gearbox no one has addressed that issue I feel ripped off!!!

Riffwoarks Standard is 100% compatible with Gearbox Stand Alone. Launch Gearbox, then launch Riffworks. They both work together. I apologize that you feel ripped off but can you tell me why? You said that our website made you think otherwise. What specifically?

If purchase Pod Farm Will I still be able to use my already purchased model packs?

Yes. You can purchase the POD Farm plug in (let's make sure we undertand whe the plug in is here; this means you can pull up POD Farm from WITHIN RW) and all of your packs will show up in the POD Farm plugin.

Line6Miller

by misterdrew on 2009-10-15 03:41:20

To all at Line 6

What an IDIOT I am I’ve been ranting and raving about my issue and it turns out to be a minor fault with my Guitar Port

I apologise unreservedly to all the helpful folks at Line 6

To recap Riffworks Standard works fine with Gearbox

To the rest of the world please check your cables, connections & use your common sense

Thanks Again

From a humbled IDIOT

Drew

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.