These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 LIVE and SPIDER III - Making them work together (part 2)
by DFlynn666 on 2009-10-11 09:27:42

for first part of thread, see here -  http://line6.com/community/thread/19721

Im still not quite satisfied with the tone as my pod keeps killing my spider's tone

even after output changes, EQ changes etc. . . .

However. . . .

I have had an idea. . .

What if. . . .

the spider 3 is set up as usual, however on the floor is a Boss line selecter. In line A, there is a bypass, and on line B, the pod is running in the line selecters loop, so when line B is kicked in, the effects should kick in too any undesired noise or frequencies would be covered by the effects anyways (because of the effects i use) and when not needed, the bypass sound in line A is not coloured by the pod

and when recording, all that needs to be done is remove the pod, and take it to the computer to use.

This is theoretical of course, I have no idea if this will work, however, if anyone else has tried this, or if Line 6 know if this is a good solution (dont wory, i am not endorsing Boss, i am a loyal line 6 fan - use line 6 for pretty much everything) then can anyone let me know.

or if anyone has other ideas for different ways of connecting, then post either on this thread, or thread 1 (in link above)

thanks

Re: POD X3 LIVE and SPIDER III - Making them work together (part 2)
by Kneehow on 2009-10-13 15:29:28

Hi,

Sounds like a solid idea! It's something that would give you the ability to bypass the POD device and go straight to amp, which appears to be what you're looking for.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: POD X3 LIVE and SPIDER III - Making them work together (part 2)
by DFlynn666 on 2009-10-13 16:21:05

Thanks, Line 6 have been pretty helpful with this

Thats the main question pretty much answered

I have also left this an open question to other people to see the answers, so if they have the same problem, it will alert this to them    

thanks

D.Flynn

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.