These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Stompbox Modelers / ToneCore

Broken Verbzilla Pedal...Please Help!!
by harranjo on 2009-10-16 15:22:12

Hi, I just recently purchased a verbzilla pedal off of ebay, and just received it today. Unfortunately, when I tried playing through it, it kept making this popping noise....like a metronome or something, just going pop......pop.....pop.....pop. And it does this when it is not even turned on. When I try to turn it on, it doesnt do anything, it just keeps making the popping noise. And when I depres the pedal all way down to the point of it clicking, the LED flashes a green light and red light for a second. When the light flashes, the noises stops. The lights only turn on for a second though, and then it just goes back to popping. I've tried using a battery and a power supply, and its the same story. Does anybody know whats wrong???

Re: Broken Verbzilla Pedal...Please Help!!
by Kneehow on 2009-10-16 16:08:13

Hi,

You could also try removing the module and inspecting the connection points between it and the dock. You'll need a hex/allen wrench to remove the two hex bolts on the side of the dock. Press gently on the circular black plastic release below.

If the connection points are clean and not visibly damaged, try re-seating the module back into the dock. If the situation is the same after this, you probably need a new module or dock. (Which means you were sold a malfunctioning unit from the seller).

Regards,

L6Perry

by harranjo on 2009-10-16 16:56:48

Ok, I did that and it didn't fix it....so is there a way to know if it is the module that is broken or the dock? And if it is the module that is broken, are there any possible fixes?

by harranjo on 2009-10-16 17:44:58

Alright, I've been playing around with it for a while, and now the LED light will turn on (green), but now no sound is coming out. Any ideas???

by Kneehow on 2009-10-19 10:07:52

Hi,

Yes... but you'll need to physically A/B your device(s) against a known good unit to really identify which one is failing.

If you live close to a Guitar Center, you could take your pedal there and ask the guys in the Accessories Department if they could let you try out a verbzilla unit to A/B against yours. I'd mark both your module and dock with tape so you know which components are yours.

Try your module in the store's known-good dock. If it passes signal, obviously the module is OK and you'll need to buy a new dock. The opposite would be true. Worse case scenario is that both module and dock are failed. In that case, you should probably contact the seller that you purchased this from and see if he/she can do anything for you as you purchased a malfunctioning used unit from them.

Regards,

L6Perry

by frasergray on 2009-10-26 10:01:22

Hi,

I currently have the same problem with my verbzilla.

I purchased the unit (new) late Nov. last year and one day last month it stopped working. I wasn't using the unit at the time (I have used it infrequently to be honest, however is a fantastic pedal), and when I switched it on next I was surprised to find no signal being passed, only a small popping noise. Again I have tried battery and power supply.

Is this still covered under warranty and if so, should I contact the place of purchase or go direct to line 6?

Thanks

Fraser

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.