These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

(Weird) KB37/Gearbox/Sonar Recording Problem
by Obliquai on 2009-03-18 16:29:05

Recently picked up the KB37 (which, by the way, I am totally in love with!), but I have one minor (quite irritating, really) problem.  I'm using the KB37 with Sonar Homestudio 4 (I know, I'm poor) on a Dynabook with XP exclusively used for recording.  I am using the Snow Dome tone in a new tune I'm working on.  On this particular tone, the 'mix knob' on the delay is set to 25%.  However, when I finish recording a track, and Sonar returns to where I started recording, the 'mix' setting automatically goes to 0%.  This happens every time.  I reset it to 25% and record the next section, but when I finish, it goes back to 0%.  Has anyone ever had this problem?  I tried it with a different tone, and the same thing happened, so it's not limited to the Snow Dome tone.  And only the 'mix' is affected.  I can keep resetting it, but it is getting a little irritating....  Can anyone help me?

Re: (Weird) KB37/Gearbox/Sonar Recording Problem
by Obliquai on 2009-03-19 05:12:38

14 views and no suggestions....  I assume this means few have encountered this problem.  *sigh*

by punkinnit on 2009-03-19 06:55:53

Hi.

Maybe you have some sort of automation going on.

Mick

by ricksox on 2009-03-20 15:20:56

It really sounds like Sonar is sending a MIDI CC to Gearbox which is causing the mix to get all out of whack. See if there is a way to tell Sonar to stop sending MIDI.

Line6Miller

Please be sure to award Helpful and Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

by Obliquai on 2009-03-31 02:29:20

I have tried to find where there may be midi information being sent, but have been unsuccessful.  I also changed the play, record, and stop keys on the computer keyboard to see if it had anything to do with a specific key, but apparently not.  I also tried reinstalling Sonar, but to no avail.  No one else seems to be experiencing similar problems, so I guess it's just me.

Well, all the same, I have nothing but rave reviews for the KB37 itself, as well as for Gearbox.  Perhaps it just doesn't like Sonar....

by gilgovy on 2012-11-03 19:32:29

Hi.

It's been a lot of time, but some problem i've just got led me to this. I don't know if you resolved the problem, but it seems you didn't.

In fact, this is not weird at all. What happens here is that cakewalk is sending some MIDI messages to line6 hardware, you need to avoid this. I've had this problem before with cakewalk software, and not only with line6 gear, but with some other stuff. This is the solution: every cakewalk software, in PROJECT options (or maybe in MIDI) somewhere in its menu, you can find the MIDI Out options, search here for Zero Controllers When Play Stops, uncheck it. This causes, as it's name says, to zero every midi controller when you hit stop, and gearbox "obbeys" turning the delay mix knob all the way down.

Also, you can go to Sync tab, search for Transmit MIDI/Continue/Stop/Clock and uncheck it as well, but i'm pretty sure that the first one is all you need.

OR: go to MIDI devices, under MIDI OUTPUT port uncheck KB37, but leave checked in INPUT port, in order to prevent cakewalk software from sending MIDI orders to KB37, and therefore, from making your line6 hardware to do wierd things.

I'ts really a shame i note this 3.5 years later, but hope you find this helpful.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.