These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Live FX Loop Problems
by BlueJagstang on 2009-10-20 06:34:21

Ok so im trying to use the FX loop feature on the X3L.

Now it was my understanding that I could integrate another pedal using this, for example a Stomp Distortion by going...

POD FX send --> Stomp Input

Stomp Outut --> POD FX return

However when I do this nothing happens I can't hear the stomp at all. I've fiddled with the mix, send and return levels and still nothing,

Ive double checked all the leads are working and that the stomp itself is working and there all fine

What am I doing wrong?

Or have I simply misunderstood the whole idea of the FX Loop. Ive seen other people on Youtube putting Boss metalzones and other pedals in the X3L FX loop and working.

Thanks in advance.

Re: POD X3 Live FX Loop Problems
by silverhead on 2009-10-20 07:10:22

Are you sure you've turned on the FX Loop in the tone you're working with? It can be turned on/off just like one of the onboard effects.

by TheRealZap on 2009-10-20 07:17:10

yes and when you turn it on you can position it pre/post

meaning before or after the amp.

by BlueJagstang on 2009-10-20 07:20:58

Yes its definatly turned on, and changing the pre-post position does nothing.

All I can hear is the unaltered Pod guitar tone

Then if I turn the mix up to 100%, I hear nothing.

by silverhead on 2009-10-20 07:31:42

That's unusual. From what you've described I think it should be working. But before concluding it's a hardware problem (requiring service centre visit) let's check a couple of less likely causes:

- check your Tone settings (Dual Tone, Volume, etc) to make sure the guitar tone you're hearing is actually the tone in which you have the FX Loop on.

- also check your Output settings to make sure of the above.

- if it's a mono return from your stomp pedal, then you might have to plug it into the mono (L) FX Return on the X3.

If you're 100% certain that all of the above is OK, and you still can't hear the externalk stomp even when maxed out on the stomp pedal, then I suspect a hardware problem with the FX function on your X3. I'm assuming you've checked all cables,

by BlueJagstang on 2009-10-20 07:46:10

Right I've checked everything that uv said and its still not working.

So i guess its a genuine fault

by silverhead on 2009-10-20 07:56:28

One last suggestion: use Line 6 Monkey to check/reinstall firmware/reflash memory. You never know.

Might not hurt to wait a day or so, too, just to make sure other forum users (especially Line 6 folks) have a chance to chime in with other thoughts and suggestions.

by robtharris on 2010-01-30 14:05:19

Favor?  Would you confirm that the X3Pro Effects Loop can be set on or off for each tone?    Currently using XTPro and the Effects Loop is a global setting (right?)  - I'd upgrade to X3 just to be able to config the loop for each tone individually.... (??)  thx!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.