These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x64 security update problems?
by Adzxi on 2009-10-21 01:08:11

Hi, I've just finished installing the service pack and now i have no sound when using the pod studio kb37 as the sound card. the keys still work in cubase but no sound. I have the latest drivers installed also.

Thanks,

Re: Windows Vista Service Pack 3 x64
by Rowbi on 2009-10-21 06:17:37

are you sure?

I didn't think vista SP3 was out until next year...  so if you're using a beta version, then it's hardly a surprise that other things are not working.

if it's a typo, please let us know what you are using.

by Adzxi on 2009-10-21 23:48:26

I swear it said service pack 3 but i just clicked on 'My computer' properties and it says service pack 2. It might be a beta but the update was through windows update. I didnt go out of my way to download it.

hope this helps

also the VU meters on the keyboard are moving and in my sound properties it says that the keyboard is working.

heres  a pic

by Rowbi on 2009-10-22 01:22:47

SP2 sounds more like it

have you tried uninstalling all your line6 software and installing it again?  also I'm not sure if line6 have certified their drivers for SP2 yet, as it's quite new.  you may have seen the recent tv news reports about the new Windows 7 operating system where even prople from Microsoft talk about how badly Microsoft dealt with the release of vista and that they didn't give other software companies the time to get their products ready for Vista, so that may be a reason why Line6 haven't certified for SP2 yet (if indeed they haven't) if MS hadn't given them a SP2 Release candidate in time (RC comes after beta, and before the release to public.  it's basically a stable release of the software)

by Adzxi on 2009-10-22 01:35:26

I'll uninstall the line 6 gear now. How long do you think it will take before line 6 certify the drivers? If were talking week/months is there a way i can go back to SP1?

Edit: How long has SP2 been out? I've had vista since Feb this year. I've been using my KB37 with absolutly no problems for the past few months untill this update last night.

also should I remove absolutly everything line6 on my computer because i just uninstalled>reinstalled the drivers with no luck.

Ive attached a pic of update history also.

by Rowbi on 2009-10-22 04:12:28

Adzxi wrote:

I'll uninstall the line 6 gear now. How long do you think it will take before line 6 certify the drivers?

i didn't say they weren't, I said I wasn't sure.  as when you look on the downloads page and product info pages it specified XP SP2, and VIsta 32 and 64bit, so you could assume that means vista will work with vanilla, SP1 and SP2, but as it doesn't say vista (all versions and service packs), it's hard to tell.

you may be able to go back to SP1, google it or look on Microsofts website to see if it's possible.  SP2 i think was released in May or June.

Sounds like another situation of MS releasing an update that breaks things... lol.

let us know if a reinstall of all line6 software and drivers fixes it all.

by Adzxi on 2009-10-22 04:20:19

ok i'll do that now,

If this doesnt work I'll just upgrade to windows 7, which I was eventually going to do anyway. I have a friend with the same version of cubase and a ux8, running windows 7 and he said its all running really well.

thanks for you're help btw

by Rowbi on 2009-10-22 06:19:26

hang fire on that.  I run windows 7 too, but I took that chance.  windows 7 is definately not supported by POD Farm at the moment.  that's not to say it wont work, but if you do that then line6 definately can't support you.  operation of audio devices over USB is to do with the PC hardware too as well as the OS, so PC hardware drivers can be great on one PC and not good on another.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.