These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

back track with no distortion?
by japgold on 2009-10-21 16:13:51

when i record with the backtrack and put the files on my computer...i can't hear the distortion that i recorded the 'riffs' with....it's a clean guitar sound. my guitar goes into the input of the backtrack and the output to the amp. i can hear it on playback when plugged into the amp, but not in the computer. is this standard?

thanks

mike

Re: back track with no distortion?
by MGrd on 2009-10-23 08:47:55

The BT records what it gets. In your chain: the dry guitar signal only.

If you want to record the distorted signal, you have to choose another setup, where the BT sits after the wet/distorted signal in your chain.

RE: back track with no distortion?
by ricksox on 2009-11-03 14:42:20

Hello,

The above poster is correct. Any effects you want to hear in your recordings will have to go in line before the BackTrack.

Does this answer your question?

Line6Miller

RE: back track with no distortion?
by ricksox on 2009-11-05 09:18:59

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

Re: RE: back track with no distortion?
by ritheremix on 2011-12-23 09:57:15

hello... can u show the diagram connection for this purpose.... i have the same problem when i want to hear my recording at the computer there is no distortion but sounded clean... i have try many connections...

i have a pod hd 500 the output of the pod are being connected to fx loop return on my amp.

input of the pod goes to my guitar...

pod hd 500 output ---> amp fx return loop

pod hd 500 input ----> guitar

base on this connections where i suppose to connect the backtrack ?

by silverhead on 2011-12-23 10:53:38

Like MGrd says, the Backtrack will record the signal it receives at its input, and will not record anything that is further along in the chain. In your setup, you can place the Backtrack in several positions. Here is what will be recorded by the Backtrack in each case:

1) Plug your guitar into the Backtrack Input, and plug the BackTrack Output into your Pod HD500:

- the Backtrack will record the completely dry, unprocessed signal from your guitar.

2) Plug your guitar into the Pod HD500 Input, plug the HD500 Output into your Backtrack Input, and plug your Backtrack Output into the amp FX Return

- the Backtrack will record the signal leaving the Pod HD500. This signal will include whatever processing (amp/FX) you have applied within the HD500. It will not record any additional processing that your amp may be providing.

3) Guitar -> HD500 -> Amp FX Return -> Amp Line Out (or mic'd amp) -> Backtrack input

- the Backtrack will record the sound you are hearing from your amp, including all the processing that is being applied by both the HD500 and the amp. Note that if your amp does not have a Line Out jack, this option will require you to place a microphone in front of your amplifier's speaker cabinet and plug the mic into your Backtrack Input (or use the mic on the Backtrack+Mic product if that's the Backtrack model that you have).

by ritheremix on 2011-12-23 22:52:23

hello...

thanks for the reply

I've try the 2nd connection but the backtratck does not recording the sounds that i played... any suggestions ?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.