These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Problem with my floorboard...
by mrbungledisco on 2009-10-21 22:08:57

I have a Flextone II HD that I use the floorboard accessory with. I have had an issue with the floorboard lately. When I try to switch channels, it works sometimes...other times it will either not switch channels, switch to the wrong channel, or switch to a different channel bank altogether. When I try to use the tuner switch, it changes channnel banks as well. I have tried changing the network cable, and when I manually change the channels on the head they work fine. Is there anything else I can do?

Re: Problem with my floorboard...
by mpmcdonald on 2009-10-22 10:48:40

I'm having what sounds like the same problem with my floorboard.  It is intermittent.  Some times when I hold down the Tap button to go to the tuner, it will do nothing or cycle through a series of numbers on the LED display.  I called the support number and it was suggested that I try changing the cable as well.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, hopefully tonight.  I'm playing through a Flex II XL.

by mrbungledisco on 2009-10-23 22:37:59

I figured out what was wrong. After taking apart my floorboard, I noticed that the switches (on the circuit board) had a little white plastic overlay around the actual switch. I used some dental picks to pry the overlay off. Once I had it off, I was able to disassemble the rest of the switch, which is when I noticed the problem. The metal contacts inside the switches had some dirt build up on them. I used some CRC QD Electronic Cleaner with some q-tips and cleaned off the dirt. Afterwards I reassembled the switch mechanisms and tried them out, and they all worked like new! I then applied the white overlays back on the switches because this is what holds the mechanisms together. It was amazing because it started giving me problems years ago, and I just quit using the problematic switches until recently when all of them became problematic. I hope this helps someone out, because I searched for days for a solution to this, and was ready to just buy another floorboard.

by mpmcdonald on 2009-10-24 16:50:46

Thanks for the information, mrbungledisco.  I tried your solution and it worked. Removing the white plastic cover was a challenge, but once I got it off and cleaned out the switch (Tap Tempo Switch) on the floorboard, it works fine.  Actually, all I did, once I got opened up the switch, was to blow it out with canned air.  I didn't have the cleaner in the house at the time. Thanks for sharing your solution!!

RE: Problem with my floorboard...
by AndyParedes on 2009-10-27 09:56:21

Thanks for sharing your solution!

by briggy on 2009-11-04 09:07:27

Thanks for sharing your info.

I have a similar problem with the POD floorboard.........one switch in particular does not work or basically crashes the POD.  Very frustrating.  I have checked the RJ45 cable, (I have 3) and now I think I have narrowed it down to one malfunctioning switch.  Can anyone tell me what type of switch component is used on the FB circuit?  I am in Brazil and a loooong way from a service center, which, if there is one will be in Sao Paulo and sending stuff via mail here is unadvisable.

Many thanks.

by robbier36 on 2010-06-17 14:59:37

I have the same problem with my floorboard... I tried the fix... cleaning my switches and it worked all but when I press my wah it will change the channel instead of turning the wah on....  is there anything on the wah switch maybe that I can clean... anyone have any ideas? I love this amp and floorboard... sucks that there is not much support for it anymore. 

by tdavis2607 on 2011-02-08 22:07:41

My floorboard does not work at all with my Flextone II, although it works perfectly fine with both my old Pod and Bass Pods. Any suggestions????

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.