These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

TonePort UX2 - Windows 7 / 64 bit
by Klusmann on 2009-10-25 07:28:34

Unfortunately I could not install the latest GearBox SW for TonePort UX2 on my new Laptop with Windows 7 operating system, 64 bit Version.

When will a suitable Upgrade SW Package be available?

Thanks in advance. Wilfried

Re: TonePort UX2 - Windows 7 / 64 bit
by foyle on 2009-10-26 17:28:18

I have a desktop I just upgraded to Windows 7 / 64bit. Upgraded from XP so I had to do a new install.

I downloaded a driver from http://line6.com/software/index.html?name=GearBox&submit_form=set

Itloaded gearbox and recognized my UX2, I can play my guitar through the gearbox with all the effects but I cannot record in Sonar 7 Studio (64 bit) or Ableton live 8. I really hope a solution comes soon, I am tempted to downgrade to 32 bit, but I know I shouldnt for the long term.

by foyle on 2009-10-27 03:21:17

the gearbox plug in appears to be the problem in both Sonar and Ableton, Ableton passes sound through the toneport, Sonar does not.

RE: TonePort UX2 - Windows 7 / 64 bit
by ricksox on 2009-10-27 12:05:59

Hello,

We're not officially supporting Windows 7 right now but I've installed Gearbox on 7 (64 bit) with no problems.

We also have updated drivers available for download on our software downloads page. Just make sure to check the beta box once you navigate to that page.

Since we aren't officially supporting 7 yet we have created a public beta group where you can post any issues you have with 7 and our software. I'd suggest you please post in that group.

http://line6.com/community/groups/windows-7-public-beta-group

Was this helpful?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: TonePort UX2 - Windows 7 / 64 bit
by foyle on 2009-10-27 18:05:23

Thanks this fixed the problem with Sonar, Ableton is glitchy, but its nice to be able to start up and play again. I'll check out the beta forums.

regards

by Klusmann on 2009-11-01 06:42:29

Hi foyle,

your message was highly appreciated by me! After receipt I immediately tried again.

I gave up installing and using Line 6 Monkey with my Windows 7 / 64 bit notebook, the SW which obviously caused the problems.

Downloading and installing latest Gear Box V. 3.70 / 32 bit for Vista - without Line 6 Monkey - caused no problem anymore - smooth insrallation and perfect running now.

The following day I upgraded my second notebook to Windows 7 / 32 bit version. The included Line 6 Monkey and GearBox SW run perfectly after upgrade.

Thanks a lot for your support!!!

Wilfried

by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-11-01 07:14:41

I just want to say that I love this post!

Not because everything worked out in the end.  But because of the Professionalism & respect shown!  I miss this, and I want to use this post as an example of how to behave!

by foyle on 2009-11-01 07:49:31

Thanks for your post, Im glad it helped.

BTW, no problems with Win 7 - 64bit and Toneport, a few occassional glitzes with midi and a Korg padKontrol, but nothing to do with Line 6.

regards

Re: RE: TonePort UX2 - Windows 7 / 64 bit
by rebuffi on 2010-06-01 10:51:24

I can't seem to access the link you provided Line6Miller, i'm getting "not authorized"... any problem with my account? Thanks for your reply.

by celkovik on 2011-01-03 19:59:41

In windowse 7 (64bit) toneport 2 works only on 16bit 44.100 Hz!
How to enable 48 Hz 24bit ???????  

by mattwildchild on 2012-04-03 00:21:49

Hi everyone, it looks like I have the same issues. I have been using my UX2 studio with pod farm 1 for over 3 years, running XP. I just got my new laptop with windows 7, POD farm installs perfectly, however when they ask me to plug my UX2, windows cant recongnize my UX2 device. I think it has something to do with the driver but Im not good at this. I have been trying to look for a solution for hours and hours but cannot find anything. I dont understand why it is not working because I have uninstall and reinstall pod farm and my ux2 many times when i changed laptops using xp.

Is it not compatible with windows 7 .... that would be such a shame ....

Please let me know if you have a solution to that.

Highly appreciated.

Matthias

youtube: mattwildchild

by holger_rueckert on 2012-04-23 06:29:28

It's really bad. I try to get my ux2 running properly since nearly 2 years under win7 64bit. Latest drivers are installed. But I still get dropouts while playing with gearbox. On 2 different laptop it's all the same mess (sony vaio i5 and acer aspire i7). I wonder, if there isn't there any proper solution from line6.

Thanks for reply.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.