These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Should I care if I can't use USB for my PODxt?
by stevema on 2009-10-26 04:06:19

I have a PODxt that I bought in 1993. I've never tried to use USB for anything. I've started using it more recently and decided to update it. Got a Line 6 account, downloaded Monkey, downloaded USB drivers, used Monkey to update the USB firmware, searched support and finally figured out how to update the flash memory, which is now at 3.01. I've got the same situation as many folks where the PODxt now shows USB as V0.00 and the ESN as all zeroes. Line6 support standard reply is take it in for servicing. But before the flash memory update, I was able to update the USB firmware.

The PODxt seems to work fine. Should I care that I can't use USB?

I'm on a MacBook Pro, 10.5.8, using Mbox 2 Pro and GarageBand and ProTools LE.

RE: Should I care if I can't use USB for my PODxt?
by AndyParedes on 2009-11-09 11:43:45

Hello,

It sounds like your unit may have been improperly repaired at some point, causing the situation you currently have with the ESN reading as "oooooooo". If you do not want/need to edit on your computer, add model packs, or the POD Farm Plug in you will not need USB connection. But if you do want any of these options you will need to have your unit repaired. See the following link:

Product Repair

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1606

Please let us know if you need further assistance, or close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

Re: RE: Should I care if I can't use USB for my PODxt?
by stevema on 2009-11-09 18:20:49

I have never had the unit repaired; the first time I noticed the problem was when I tried to update the flash memory and USB drivers. In any case, it sounds like the only solution is the repair center.

by AndyParedes on 2009-11-10 09:11:14

Hello,

Yes, the only way to fix this situation is to have the unit repaired at a service center. Please let us know if you need further assistance, or close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

by AndyParedes on 2009-11-12 09:17:17

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.