These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

fanoboss
by fanoboss on 2009-10-28 13:45:58

why can't i loop (w/dl-4) through my spider valve?

Re: fanoboss
by fester2000 on 2009-10-28 13:56:24

fanoboss wrote:

why can't i loop (w/dl-4) through my spider valve?

Who says you can't do this?  You most definitely *can* do this.  Just put the DL-4 into the effects loop of the SV and you're off to the races..

Cheers,

Fester2k

by fanoboss on 2009-10-28 14:02:34

thanks ,i'll give it a try.

RE: fanoboss
by AndyParedes on 2009-10-29 15:35:18

Hello,

Be aware that the DL-4 is not designed to run in an effect loop and take "line level" input, so you will want to take the precautions listed in this FAQ to ensure you do not suffer an op-amp failure:

Line 6 Four Button/Stompbox Pedal FAQs

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3965

Please be sure to award Helpful and/or Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers, and close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

RE: fanoboss
by AndyParedes on 2009-11-02 11:31:33

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Re: RE: fanoboss
by fanoboss on 2011-07-22 22:40:07

This question HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED....It still isn't compatible. How can I make it compatible and didn't line6 know this was a problem? 

by TheRealZap on 2011-07-23 06:43:22

2 years later?!

i think you would have given up and found a different solution by now...

sometimes things simply don't work together.... sorry

by fanoboss on 2011-11-21 10:56:39

With a combined cost of close to $1300 I had hopes of 2 products by same manufacturer working together flawlessly...boy was I wrong. If I had known it was a gamble and Line 6 would be like "Oh well...

• I think you would have given up and found a different solution by now...sometimes things simply don't work together.... sorry " 

• Would have been nice to know this before my purchase and it gives me lots of comfort in knowing how quick Line 6 gives up. I guess that's the easy part because you already have my cash.  Maybe I got some help today. Who knows, maybe you all have written off the original buyers of the Spider Valve and seeing there is no real reason to ackowledge the problems until a new model is out and the old models warranty has ran out.

LESSON LEARNED....and trust me I wanted it to work, Maybe a Class Action suit wouldv'e helped...

by cgtrox on 2011-11-22 11:04:08

I posted on your other thread bro, hope it helps. Might I suggest selling your DL-4 and getting an M9 or M5? Either one works very well in the loop...

cgtrox

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.