These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Can I Install the bundled PODfarm on 2 machines?
by wingnuterik on 2009-10-31 03:39:47

I've recently purchased a KB37 to use on my laptop as a 'mobile workstation' for editing, comping, and also vocal-only demo sessions, etc.

With the Pod Farm software, this is great to be able to record a guitar at the same time as vocals, but when I transfer back to my 'main' desktop studio machine, I would want the pod farm software available there as well. I know several large software companies allow 2 instances of their software to be installed and activated on separate machines, and that the Pod Farm 'purchased' software is available for an iLok to do something similar - but could not find any documentation as to how the version bundled with the KB37 is handled.

If it cannot, I don't want to install it and will use 3rd party software, but thought it was worth asking first!

Thanks...

-erik

Re: Can I Install the bundled PODfarm on 2 machines?
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-10-31 05:19:57

Yes you can!

The Hardware is the Dongle, either a Toneport, Pod studio or Guitarport Device for the Standalone version of Pod Farm. Or All of the Previously mentioned, and as well Pod XT & Pod X3 series, plus the iLok for the Plug-in Version!

So the important issue here is to have a line 6 device or iLok, connected via a USB port, on the computer that you are using. You can have the Podfarm software loaded on as many computers as you want!

Re: Can I Install the bundled PODfarm on 2 machines?
by DerMetzgermeister on 2009-10-31 12:28:59

Yes, you can. You will only have to authorize the plugin in both machines, either with the Line 6 Monkey, or authorizing in one and copying the authorization file (.aet extension).

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.