These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod XT - Trying to up date the new drivers in vista and will not find drivers.. Help? mark this as a question--
by scuzzo on 2009-11-01 06:07:19

Vista will not install the drivers.

im using the Line Six monkey and it give me notice that my drivers are out of date and i proceed to update

i get all the way to the final warning about disconnecting the USB from the line 6 Podxt device

i click finish and instead of Vista taking over and finding the drivers and completing the operation

nothing..    for some reason Vista is not seeing that i have installed new drivers.. this was working yesterday

on Oct 30th.. with no problems.. but now the pod is not being seen.. and i can not even point to the drivers on Vista

it will not see them so im dead in the water,,

edit:

6) After the drivers are downloaded, Line 6 Monkey will exit so the Driver Install Wizard can launch.

7) Follow the steps of the setup wizard closely and precisely. Do not connect the USB cable to your device until the setup wizard prompts you to do so.

8) Once the Line 6 Monkey prompts you to plug your device in, the Windows Found New Hardware Wizard should open. Please follow the steps of the hardware wizard. this is were things foul up  (i hit the finish key and there is no farther instruction) any ideas?

9) Once the hardware wizard has finished loading the drivers, your drivers should now be successfully installed.

I can see the drivers in the Dir.  they exist it always comes up with the error

"Windows could not find the driver software for your device" but i can see the files in the Programs files/line 6/drivers Archive/Podxt  dir..

i will keep at it..

but if you have any suggestions that may be of help,,

please help..

I have already been through the FAQ and have tried following those instructions to the letter..

thanks for your time

chris

Message was edited by: scuzzo

Re: Pod XT - Trying to up date the new drivers in vista and will not find drivers.. Help? mark this as a question--
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-11-01 07:10:48

Hi!

Just some thoughts!

Are you using a USB Hub?

This and maybe not re-booting, would cause Windows to not see the "New" hardware.

Re: Pod XT - Trying to up date the new drivers in vista and will not find drivers.. Help? mark this as a question--
by scuzzo on 2009-11-01 08:01:59

Follow up..  After i restarted the podxt.. every thing right with the world..

i guess it needed to initalize or something..  all systems go now..

I do hope they continue to support the podxt.. its a fantastic little machine

by scuzzo on 2009-11-02 06:02:39

rebooted the podxt and every thing went ok

by carverdank on 2010-12-13 09:20:23

I had a similar problem, but I'm on XP.

The confusing part is the transfer between the Line6 Driver Setup Wizard and the Windows Setup Wizard.

There isn't a user friendly continuation there. The Windows setup wizard seems to be searching for some kind

of file for quite a while and I wasn't sure what the result would be.. because of transfer of control from

one application (Line 6) to another (Microsoft windows h/w install wizard)..there seems to be a gap...

I know that if you look at the FAQ for this, the "continue anyway" is circled, but this seems to be well past

the searching criteria that the Windows Wizard is looking for in the search algorithm for the files.

I agree that if you don't see the "found new hardware" popup, the Line 6 Wizard telling you that

the driver is initialized is not correct for what is happening..because if you go back to the Line 6 Monkey,

and go to the Updates tab..it will show "no" under the header instead of the updated driver version.

Seems to be a bit of a black hole as far as user interface between these two applications.

by leocinquini on 2013-04-06 18:13:02

had the same problem today,took me hours searching around all forums an none with a reply that would work.

so i've tried this and did work

-after all the updating or installing the driver doesnt work out go to:

- control panel

- device manager

- you should see an exclamation point on the ux1 driver

- double click and you will see the driver is not working properly

- click to re-install it

- it should show you an option with 2 drivers (i believe my old one, and the other the update)

- click in the newest one

- works now

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.