These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Separate Variax Acoustic Forum?
by bnels on 2009-03-19 16:02:30

How many of you out there are interested in a separate Variax Acoustic Forum, like we had before?

We have a lot of unique issues, and it would be nice not to have to sift thru all the Variax electric posts.

Post a reply if you think this would be a good idea, and maybe Line 6 will consider it.

Re: Separate Variax Acoustic Forum?
by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-03-19 17:00:47

Well i can post a reply, but Line 6 won't consider it unless you post it as a suggestion - they're not just going to come along and read this post now are they?

However as an electric owner i preferred the old separate sections. Perhaps too many for the new look so i would suggest three separate sections for sub-forums, ie. Acoustic/Nylon (one forum), Electric Guitar (one forum) and Bass Guitar (one forum).

by seratone on 2012-11-30 08:32:26

I definately would like a separate fiorum for Variax acoustic users. I have been using a Variax Acosutic 700 for about 6 years now in the semi-professional Live and recording band. I'm pretty obsessive about maintaining tone above a faily loud 5 piece band...and the variax is the only thing that comes close. When I pose questions online to either the Gear Page or the Acoustic Guitar Forum - they go unanswered. Either the variax acosutic users are a very small group or there is a considerable amount of snobbery when it comes to modelling guitar sounds. I've got a bucket load of questions that have been building up. I'll pose them to this forum (if it in fact exists) and see if I can find some like minded people.

I play Keyboards in my band - comping on acoustic for about 30% of the material. Most of my concerns are about mainaining good tone and versatily while playing through the PA or my Keyboard Amp - effects etc.

Cheers Seratone

by silverhead on 2012-11-30 10:07:12

You can always start your own Group in this forum and hoefully attract like-minded people who may be able to help each other answer your respective questions.

To start a new group, hit the New button beside your username near the top left of this page, and select Group. Fill in the descriptive information that you want to provide and your new group is up and running.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.