These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 MIDI Sync
by minifordy13 on 2009-11-13 09:39:43

Hi there

I was wandering, now that Line 6 have got the M13 and M9 responding to MIDI clock could they do the same for the POD series? I run a POD X3 Live into an M13 and have a MIDI cable from my drummers drum machine, and I want to plug the MIDI into the POD giving it MIDI clock, then plug the POD (via MIDI) into the M13 so that the M13 can get the clock as well. Line 6 please update the software on the X3 Live.

Also, does anyone know if the POD X3 Live can transmit MIDI soft thru (a merge of MIDI out and MIDI thru) so that my M13 can receive MIDI data from the drum machine and from the POD X3? Cheers.

Fordy

Re: POD X3 MIDI Sync
by mimungr on 2009-11-13 13:14:17
does anyone know if the POD X3 Live can transmit MIDI soft thru (a merge of MIDI out and MIDI thru) so that my M13 can receive MIDI data from the drum machine and from the POD X3?

It will pass PC and CC messages. I haven't gotten anything else to work. I've specifically tried note on/off, sysex, MTC, and clock -- none of these works.

Re: POD X3 MIDI Sync
by egelmett on 2010-03-24 19:00:08

Maddening! Here we are, 2010, and still the Pod effects have no ability to sync to midi clock.

Truly baffling.

Line 6: there are guitarists who actually know about midi, you know....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.