These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Monitoring my guitar when using different interface
by electricriver on 2009-11-18 05:52:40

Hi,

I can't get my head around this. I work on a mac using logic pro 8. My monitors are hooked up via an m-audio fast track pro interface, (as my gx only has a mini jack stereo output for headphones) and it seems the only way i can hear my self is by using headphones. I've been able to however, set on my mac preferences, the input for the GX and output for M-audio... however the problem that results from this is that i've found- once i've laid down some guitars with tones i'm happy with, as soon, as i want to lay down vocals (or anything else) through the interface (switching back my input setting to m-audio), my tones become horrible and dry making it a nightmare to get a feel for the song for vocalists.

Am i missing something here... or is this impracticality normal?

I can obviously send what i've recorded to bus channels and re record them so that they're on there... but it just seems pretty long winded. Looking at the Pod farm standalone plug in.. it has 4 record sends, but i can't figure out where they're being sent to as its not coming up on Logic? On the other hand when i use it as a plug in- i lose the mixer option in pod farm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

Will

RE: Monitoring my guitar when using different interface
by ricksox on 2009-11-23 15:27:07

Hello,

the best way to work with what you've got is to plug your guitar directly into your M-Audio. Launch a project in Logic and create and audio track.

Set your input and output options in Logic to be your M-Audio device. Do the same for you Mac preferences.

Plug the GX in via USB but do not connect the guitar to it. Just use that device to keep the POD Farm plug in active.

Insert the POD Farm plug in on your audio track. You'll be recording dry but monitoring wet through the plug in. If you want to record your processed tone, just bus the signal from your first track to another audio track.

Does this make sense?

Line6Miller

RE: Monitoring my guitar when using different interface
by ricksox on 2009-11-25 09:55:08

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.