These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Line 6 Flextone II - Fault
by Line6cfm on 2009-11-23 05:27:24

Hi,

I would appreciate if you could assist with the following fault that I have on my Flextone II amp:

After selecting a channel or effect, the amp automatically changes the selection into 'Edit' (E) mode (with this, additional modulation/delay/reverb is automatically added to the sound), even though I have not made any changes to the amp.

I have taken the amp to an authorised agent, who have not been able to repair it, other than replace one of the foot switches, which seem to help a little, although the problem still occurs. I have checked, and the problem occurs with and without the floor board plugged in. I have also tried different network cables between the amp and the floor board, and this does not seem to help?

The agent suggested that I might consider replacing the PC board, I hope that this is not necessary.

I hope you could assist in this regard,

Many Thanks

RE: Line 6 Flextone II - Fault
by AndyParedes on 2009-11-24 14:10:15

I am wondering if you have a bad pot. Let's try this: Hold the tap button while turning the amp on, then turn each pot (volume tone knobs, reverb, etc.) The LEDs will light up depending on which way the pot is turned. Be aware that the master volume pot cannot be tested.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, or close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

Re: RE: Line 6 Flextone II - Fault
by Line6cfm on 2009-11-25 11:05:34

I switched on the amp with the 'tap' button pressed in (without the floor board connected) as suggested. The following lights are on A,B and Save. When I move the pots, nothing happens, the lights remain on. I tried to press other buttons but it remains as is? I have tried this 3 or 4 times with the same result...Thanks

RE: Line 6 Flextone II - Fault
by AndyParedes on 2009-11-25 14:50:32

Hello,

If the unit will not perform a "reset" or a test procedure you will need to take the unit for service. If the tech cannot trace the problem on the board s/he will need to replace the mainboard on the amp.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, or close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

Re: RE: Line 6 Flextone II - Fault
by Thunderboot on 2010-07-19 17:02:11

Having the same problem. How exactly are the LED lights suppose to react? I had the A, B, and D light come on when the dial reached it's max. Does mean it's working properly? I have heard on other forums that zeroing out the pots when playing helps as well, any truth to that?  Thank you!

Re: Line 6 Flextone II - Fault
by Line6cfm on 2011-07-22 00:18:34

Hi,

I evetually replaced the PC Board on the Flextone 2, and is working fine. Problem resolved.

Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.