These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

line 6 pod studio UX1 AMD Turion X2 Windows 7 & Windows Vista
by stefromfortworth on 2009-11-23 15:57:08

My Pod Studio UX1 has had terrible white noise/crackling on it from day 1 on this pc (which runs AMD Turion X2 2.2Ghz processor + Windows 7 Premium + 4GB Ram)

no one at line 6 has been any help so far, tried every solution you guys have thrown at me and everything i can find on these forums;

different guitars, new USB cable (high quality), turned internet connection off, tried all 4 USB ports, reinstalled programmes, installed all drivers i can find, installed windows 7 beta drivers......etc. etc. etc.

and now after all this I find out it could just be that Line 6 have failed to make the drivers compatible with AMD Turion X2!!!!!

WHY WASN'T I TOLD ITS NOT COMPATIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a little message on the packaging would be fine,

you've failed big time!!

my UX1 will be on ebay tomorow

last line 6 product i will ever buy

-ste

RE: line 6 pod studio UX1 AMD Turion X2 Windows 7 & Windows Vista
by ricksox on 2009-11-24 15:12:09

Hello,

We did not know there were any incompatibilities with these systems until months after the release of POD Studio.

In regards to why you weren't told about this the only thing I can suggest in the future is that you try to research a little before you purchase. I'm not being condescending because I've run into these types of issues with my personal gear and I've made it a rule of thumb to do this before I buy an product that will interface with my computer.

Some people have been able to connect powered USB 2.0 hubs to their computers and plug the POD Studio into that. For some reason this has cleared up most of the noise issues.

I've also logged your post as a quality concern so our quality team will have visibility over it.

Please let me know if this answer has been helpful.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: line 6 pod studio UX1 AMD Turion X2 Windows 7 & Windows Vista
by stefromfortworth on 2009-11-25 08:14:31

thanks for replying

not much help now that ive already bought it, i will be researching everything i buy in future but this forum was only brought to my attention when i bought the product and experienced the problems.

I found out about the incompatibility of the UX1 + my processor from another line 6 user on this forum, not line 6 themselves.

I think the least you could do, since the issue is YOUR FAULT is to post that information on this site with the specs/system requirements.

with regard to the powered usb hub idea, how likely is it that the UX1 will work once i've tried it?

because again, it involves putting more time and money into buying something that may or may not fix the issue.

RE: line 6 pod studio UX1 AMD Turion X2 Windows 7 & Windows Vista
by ricksox on 2009-11-25 10:21:18

I can't guarantee that the hub will work. Out of probably 20 users who have tried, I'd say it worked on about 15.

Line6Miller

Re: RE: line 6 pod studio UX1 AMD Turion X2 Windows 7 & Windows Vista
by trotty002 on 2010-04-01 14:33:40

Hey there im having that problem to at the moment. will you LINE 6 be doing anything to fix this and are you working on this problem as i would really like this fixed so i can use it on my laptop so i can record anywhere? Thanks

Re: line 6 pod studio UX1 AMD Turion X2 Windows 7 & Windows Vista
by RecordLine on 2010-09-26 08:48:05

Hi there,

Have already ordered my UX1 and tempted to get myself a Windows 7 laptop... Any news about a fix on this issue ?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.