These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Line 6 Vintage 212S Speakers?
by hdsp on 2009-11-24 02:10:27

I heard a wonderful 212 Cab from Line Six. It seems to be an older one (can't find any information on the web). I think it's name was Vintage 212S. Do you know these? Which speaker model is used within (not only the brand, also the type/number)? I urgently want to get those speakers to put them into my Combo-Amp. (Or as an alternative I'm interested in buying one of those cabs. But where can I get it?) Do the new cabs use the same speakers? Thanx for any information!

Re: Line 6 Vintage 212S Speakers?
by spaceatl on 2009-11-24 13:21:54

Maybe that's a Flextone 1 or 2 cab? not sure...got pics?

by hdsp on 2009-11-25 01:40:53

hi spaceatl,

thanx for that good hint. I thougth I wouldn't be a flextone cab but I seems to be one of an older series. I found a pic in the web of a cab that seems to be the one I played:

line6212s.jpg

Do you know which series it is exactly? And the master-question: Which speakers? Might there be some Celestion G12H-90 or G12H-100 inside?

Thanx so far!

by spaceatl on 2009-11-25 07:47:17

I had an AX2 and that looks like it would match an AX2 although I don't remember there being a cab....Those are the best speakers Line 6 ever used I think...I think they were Eminence OEMs...I have heard that the now discontinued Modeling speakers is what those were...I think even if it turns out to be a Flextone series 1 or 2 that the speakers are the same as the AxSys, AX2 and original Spiders...I think they changed to OEM Seventy80s on the Flextone III, Vetta and Spider II generations....

by dapoirier on 2009-12-01 14:26:24

HDSP,

Please let me know if you are still interested in a Flextone 212S Cabinet.  I have one in very good condition that I've just decided to sell ($125 plus shipping seems fair).  I've attached a picture of it.  I had been using with my pod x3, but I just got a spider valve and that seems to work with the x3 pretty well.

This cabinet does sound pretty good.  I haven't looked inside the cabinet, but I think the speakers are "Tubetone" speakers which may have been made by Eminence.  Personally, I liked these speakers better than the speakers I had in my Vetta and I also like them better than a spare Seventy80 speaker that I have. Its also a closed back cabinet which (to my understanding) is less common for Line 6 2x12 cabinets.  I also had a really hard time finding information about this cabinet as they seem to be somewhat rare.

Let me know if you're interested.  I was planning to place this on Craigslist or ebay, but I would prefer it go to someone that appreciates it.

Dave

by spaceatl on 2009-12-01 15:21:25

Sent you a PM...

RE: Line 6 Vintage 212S Speakers?
by AndyParedes on 2009-12-02 10:33:55

Hello,

We will close this thread as all seems to be answered, but let us know if you have any other questions.

Re: RE: Line 6 Vintage 212S Speakers?
by hdsp on 2009-12-02 10:43:51

Ok, thanx to everybody!

(Maybe the Line6 staff can tell me if it's possible to get these speakers as spare parts or somewhat like that? Otherwise it will be difficult to get exactly those OEMs.)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.