These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

I bought a Toneport UX8 and didn't recieve POD Farm Platinum as advertised.
by pmontgomery89 on 2009-11-28 08:22:52

I recently purchased a Toneport UX8 Recording Interface.  Not because I thought it would perfom better than thers in it's price range, but only because it was supposed to come with a free download of POD Farm Platinum. When I went to my studio to ownload POD Farm Platinum, the website only gave me an option for POD Farm.  I downloaded it, expecting that the "Line 6 Monkey" would provide me with an update to the platinum version. This "update" never came so I have tried to contact Line 6 via it's "24 hour support", only to find that there are no real people to talk to.. only forums and automated phone lines. I want my version of POD Farm Platinum, and while I do realize this was a simple mistake.. I do not realze why it has been so  hard to contact someone to fix it.  I hope to hear from someone soon about getting my verion of POD Farm Platinum.  As much as I like Line 6, if this problem isn't fixed I will not be doing buiness with you all again.  Thank you, I hope to hear something soon.

Patrick Montgomery

Velvet Sky Recording Studio

2339 John Watts Rd

Nicholasville, KY 40356

(859)-221-3089

pmontgomery89@aol.com

Re: I bought a Toneport UX8 and didn't recieve POD Farm Platinum as advertised.
by Rowbi on 2009-11-28 08:33:52

the 24 hours support is simply the ability to look at FAQ and knowledgebase articles for the most common issues.

line6 wont be online for another approx 48 hours as they are based in california and work a normal working day..

the installer you download (the pod farm one) is for pod farm and pod farm platinum.  it's the same installer.  it looks at any model packs installed to your UX8 to see what models you are entitled to.  the pod farm platinum license is something that would update the UX8, and then when you start pod farm the application it would realise that.

okay so what do you need to get pod farm platinum.  well there's 4 steps.

1. download and install the software.  it's just called pod farm and is here: http://line6.com/software/ don't connect your UX8 until near the end of the installation when it tells you to.

2. then go to here: http://line6.com/account/registergear/ and make sure your UX8 is registered.

3. on the registration page on the far left, click the license keys page (you can get back to your whole 'my account' section from the link at the top of this page and on www.line6.com if you ever need to). then copy the license key for pod farm platinum from your list of license keys (it should be there as it will show up when you register your gear).

4. open line6 monkey (with your UX8 connected) and on the add ons tab, select pod farm and click activate, enter your license key and wait for it to activate.

now pod farm will have all the platinum amp and FX simulations that you paid for. there are also knowledgebase articles and video tutorials that show you how to do this if you go here and click on documents near thte top of the page.  or you can search for them.  the info you need is all there for you.

I hope this helped you.  Please remember to award points if it did.

Regards

Rowbi

by pmontgomery89 on 2009-11-28 08:43:40

When I went to look at license keys, it said I do not have any and that I could buy them from the "store".  Thank you for your help.

by Rowbi on 2009-11-28 09:24:11

pmontgomery89 wrote:

When I went to look at license keys, it said I do not have any and that I could buy them from the "store".  Thank you for your help.

well that is true you can but them from the store.

but have you definately registered your UX8, as I thought the license would only show if you had registered it?  or I could be mistaken and there is no key, and the POD Farm add on option in monkey may just show that it's installed already and you may just need to click authorise in monkey to allow its use on that computer.

Let us know if you're up and running please

Rowbi

by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-11-28 09:32:45

Use "Line 6 Monkey" to "Authorize" your UX8 to access the POD Farm Platinum Plug-in version!

The UX8 will need to be registered to the same Line 6 Account you are logged in to on "Monkey! "

Your UX8 will need to be plugged into you computer VIA USB and the most recent drivers installed! Also use "Line 6 Monkey" to do this!

Also "This version of POD Farm contains a Line 6 license that is not compatible with an iLok device. Your Line 6 hardware must be connected to your computer via USB in order to authorize and use the POD Farm software. More information on iLok-compatible POD Farm can be found here."

From here: http://line6.com/toneportux8/podfarm.html

Q: How do I get the POD Farm Plug-in?

A: POD Farm is now a factory-enabled feature available free for POD X3, POD X3 Live, POD X3 Pro, TonePort DI, TonePort UX8, and all of the POD Studio computer interfaces. Be sure your Line 6 Monkey software is up-to-date, then launch it and press the Factory Features button.

If you purchased the GearBox plug-in as an Add-on from the Line 6 Online Store, then you may obtain POD Farm plug-in functionality at no charge (additional models not included) by running the Line 6 Monkey software utility, click Optional Add-Ons tab, click Activate Purchase button, then type refresh in the activation key window and click Activate button.

From here:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4782

RE: I bought a Toneport UX8 and didn't recieve POD Farm Platinum as advertised.
by ricksox on 2009-12-14 15:35:40

Hello,

Here's a video tutorial that should help you.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1597

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.