These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

FBV shortboard question
by skicnt33 on 2009-11-29 13:02:21

I was just wondering what the difference is (If there is any) between the FBV shortboard, and the FBV shortboard MKII and which one I should get with my spider jam? Also, are you able to control things like chorus and tremolo using the shortboard? Thanks!

Re: FBV shortboard question
by joegillespie on 2009-11-30 00:45:51

There are a few differences in the Mk1 and Mk2 but they are not relevant to the Spider jam. The additions relate to newer amplifier models.

Used with the Spider Jam, the shortboard gives access to the recording and looping facilities - like the three buttons on the top of the amp. It also allows you to change between all User Bank presets (4 x 9) and switch in the tuner. The pedal gives voume or wah effects. It will not control chorus and tremolo directly but you could switch to other User Presets with different chorus/tremolo settings that you have prepared beforehand.

RE: FBV shortboard question
by ricksox on 2009-11-30 14:54:01

+1 to the post above.

If all of your questions have been answered please be sure to award Helpful and/or Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers, and close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved. Thanks!

Line6Miller

RE: FBV shortboard question
by ricksox on 2009-12-02 12:22:07

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

by badmelonfarmer on 2009-12-04 05:23:29

Another couple of things to consider.

1. the MK II is cheaper than the MK I and I do not think is any less well built, they are both built like tanks.

2. The MKII is sligtly more compact - in a good way.

3. The MKII is upgradable via USB - maybe not a big deal if you only use it with the Spider Jam

4. The MKII can be connected to a PC via USB and used to contoll you PC so if you use say Logic, you can control stuff in logic or anyother midi software that you can map.

I sold my MKI and bought a MK II as I intended to use it with Logic for recording.

Thought I should mention these.

Cheers

BMF

by schecterclassic on 2010-02-10 10:59:47

what are some of the other MIDI programs I can use with the shortboard mk2 and spider jam? I am running Windows and no Logic available.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.