These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

New FBV Shortboard Display and Lights Blink
by somerandomguy on 2009-11-30 08:24:48

I just got a brand new FBV Shortboard MK II, hooked it up to my LD150, and the names of the sounds on the display are garbled, and every five seconds or so, all the lights that are on blink off then come back on. This problem also seems to be preventing me from switching to anything other than bank 1 sounds. If I try any other bank, it just throws me right back to bank 1 after the lights blink. The only way I can get the thing to work at all is to go into tuner mode and wait about 30 seconds. The backlight on the display shuts off, and when I go back out of tuner mode, I can use the Shortboard normally, but the display is no longer backlit and is difficult to read. Is this the Shortboard, or could there be something wrong with my amp that is causing this? I've tried resetting the amp back to factory defaults and have also flashed the Shortboard to the 1.10 firmware, but neither seems to have solved the issue.

RE: New FBV Shortboard Display and Lights Blink
by ricksox on 2009-12-04 09:34:59

Hello,

I just set our MkII Shortboard up here with the LD150 and it worked fine.

I'd suggest first trying a new CAT5 cable to eliminate that as a possible root cause. If that doesn't solve your issue then the FBV sounds like it is defective so I would return it to your dealer or contact a local service center to arrange a warranty repair.

Has this answer been helpful.

Line6Miller

RE: New FBV Shortboard Display and Lights Blink
by ricksox on 2009-12-07 10:34:12

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to re-open this thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.