These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Vyzex error at launch - any solution?
by titanic2 on 2009-12-02 14:05:13

Just purchased FloorPodPlus - and downloaded a Vyzex. It shows that:Picture 2.png

then I need to perform a Force Quit. Reinstall don't solve - I did it 3 times. I learn this is a common problem - but I found no help. What should I do?

RE: Vyzex error at launch - any solution?
by ricksox on 2009-12-09 13:10:06

Hello,

I've never seen that error message before. What operating system are you running on? What version of Vyzex are you trying to install?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Vyzex error at launch - any solution?
by titanic2 on 2009-12-09 20:41:41

10.4.11 on iBook G4. Vyzex 2.03.

Re: RE: Vyzex error at launch - any solution?
by PsicraftTony on 2009-12-10 09:29:14

It looks like your root hard drive name is composed of non-standard characters - Is T2OSÖ actually the name of the drive? This is almost certainly the cause of the trouble.

If possible, follow these uninstall instructions:

Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard Manual Uninstallation Instructions:

(Assuming you installed to Macintosh HD and your user name is USER)

1. Applications : Vyzex Floor POD Plus : Trash this application.

2. Macintosh HD : Library : Application Support : Psicraft : Vyzex Floor POD Plus: Trash this folder.

3: USER : Library : Preferences : Sound Quest Preferences.ini : If Vyzex Floor Pod Plus is your only Vyzex editor, then you can trash this. Otherwise open it with textedit, delete the text blocks with the headings containing Line 6 Floor POD Plus and then save the file on exit. This file is the software's answer to the Windows registry when running on Mac, incidentally.

4: USER : Library : Preferences : Psicraft : Vyzex Floor POD Plus: Trash this folder.

5: USER : Documents : Psicraft : Vyzex Floor POD Plus : Enter this folder and trash only the Default.SQ9 file contained within. The other files in this folder (and subfolders) are your collection and any data files you may have created with the editor, so don't trash these if you value them at all.

Next rename your root HD drive to a more conventional name without umlauts, and then re-install the Vyzex Floor POD Plus software .

Please let us know how it goes,

Cheers,

Tony

by ricksox on 2009-12-11 09:27:54

Thanks Tony.

@titanic2, please let us know if this resolves your issue. Thanks.

Line6Miller

by ricksox on 2009-12-14 09:48:24

Hello,

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to re-open this thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line6Miller

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.