These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Line 6 repairs in the UK...
by midimaestro on 2009-12-05 03:20:16

Do Line 6 still have a repair centre at Daventry in the UK?  I ask this because I have received conflicting information from the shop where I bought my Vetta II.

Here's the story so far.  My Vetta II recently developed a fault (it was intermittently switching itself off during shows, was unresponsive to the Floorboard, and ultimately, though the lights would come on, no text would appear on the screen and there was no sound at all from it).

I contacted the shop I bought it from who told me to bring the amp in.  On arrival at the shop the owner phoned a Line 6 engineer and handed me the phone.  The engineer told me the amp would have to go to Daventry for repair, that it would cost £65, that it would take no longer than 2 weeks, and that Line 6 would arrange with the shop to courier the amp to and from Daventry.

Two weeks have now passed, so I went back to the shop today and this is what I was told - Line 6 do not have their own distribution or repair centre in the UK now, that the amp has gone to a secondary firm in Oswestry where the "computer" section of the amp has been removed and sent off to Line 6 (who knows where) for repair, that it will be put back together in Oswestry when it is returned and then sent back to the shop.

Can you confirm that this sounds correct, or are the shop playing games with me?

RE: Line 6 repairs in the UK...
by AndyParedes on 2009-12-08 16:48:09

You should contact Line 6 Uk directly for the full story. Here is their contact info:

Line 6, Inc.

4 Sopwith Way

Drayton Fields Industrial Estate

Daventry, Northamptonshire

United Kingdom, NN118PB

Telefon: +44 (0) 1327 302 700

Please let us know if you need further assistance, or close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

RE: Line 6 repairs in the UK...
by AndyParedes on 2009-12-11 09:51:23

Hello,

It has been a couple of days since we have heard from you. We are going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you still have questions please feel free to open a new question with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.