These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

I need help with my license keys!
by schreinein on 2009-03-22 08:13:07

Hy guys, i need you help with this one

I have aquired a second Toneport UX1 and have successfully registered the serial number to my account.

I have also purchased the license key for Pod Farm Plug-in. (i am considering buying the Metal Shop and Fx Junky model packs providing this following problem is sorted out)

I have a Macbook AND a Windows PC and wish to have Pod Farm Plug-in running on BOTH computers simultaneously. I have been successful in activating the license key on my macbook but sadly when i tried to activate Pod Farm license key on my windows pc, it said that it was already registered to TonePort UX1 - ESN 1664363

Is there any way possible for me to use the same license key on both computers without having to buy it again.

The reason why I have 2 of the Toneport UX1 is so that I can be running both computers simultaneously with a toneport plugged into my Macbook and the other toneport plugged into my Windows PC (this helps to get work done faster in my home studio)

How can i successfully use the same Pod Farm Plug-In License Key on both devices without purchasing a second license key. (I think that its ridiculous that i have to buy the exact same thing a second time)

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards

Alex

Re: One license key for two seperate products?
by punkinnit on 2009-03-22 08:20:36

Hi.

The license is tied to the hardware unit so you can only have one license per unit.

You can transfer the license between units but not one license in both units.

Mick

by schreinein on 2009-03-22 08:50:15

I understand that the license is tied to the device, why should i have to pay for the same thing twice? I also understand that it is to prevent piracy, but i can legitimately prove that i bought it.

Both Toneports are registered to the same line 6 user account, i should be able to use the same license key with any product registered to my account,

I can install ableton live and other programs on several computers, why not this?

If its the case that i cant use the same license key on both computers/toneports then i am going to sell my toneports and get a refund for pod-farm

i could just about live without the midi implementation on pod-farm but the fact that i cant use the plug-in on both computers i own shows how reliable/accessable/customer friendly line 6 is

Sorry to be harsh/naggy/questionative, but i am VERY dissapointed to be completely honest, i am NOT paying another $49 for the same thing as i cannot afford to.

Thanks

by schreinein on 2009-03-22 08:53:13

I understand that the license is tied to the device, why should i have to pay for the same thing twice? I also understand that it is to prevent piracy, but i can legitimately prove that i bought it.

Both Toneports are registered to the same line 6 user account, i should be able to use the same license key with any product registered to my account,

I can install ableton live and other programs on several computers, why not this?

If its the case that i cant use the same license key on both computers/toneports then i am going to sell my toneports and get a refund for pod-farm

i could just about live without the midi implementation on pod-farm but the fact that i cant use the plug-in on both computers i own shows how reliable/accessable/customer friendly line 6 is

Sorry to be harsh/naggy/questionative, but i am VERY dissapointed to be completely honest, i am NOT paying another $49 for the same thing as i cannot afford to.

Thanks

Re: I need help with my license keys!
by ricksox on 2009-03-23 09:42:27

Model packs are tied to your device and can only be active on one device at a time. We mitigate this by allowing users to transfer their assets as many times as they wish from one compatible device to another. This is the way our license keys work. I apologize if this presents an inconvenience to you.

Line6Miller

Please be sure to award Helpful and Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.