These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Riffworks Line 6 / Standard Edition

Riffworks Line 6 Activation Issues.
by MTK09 on 2009-12-12 09:55:08

Hi there,

I recently purchased the GuitarPort RiffTracker, installed everything, had a few glitches along the way, but they ironed out.

However, I've been having problems getting Riffworks to activate, I bootup Riffworks, and it says "Activating RiffWorks failed. Please contact Line 6 Technical Support.". Additionally, When I close the application, it takes a while to close, and then gives me a ReWireDLL error: ".\Portable\ReWireDLL.cpp(893) : VERIFY failure", which when I click ok, it pops up again (Only pops up one extra time).

I've tried using the most recent version of Riffworks Line 6, but still have the same problems, I've also uninstalled, and reinstalled several times.

Thank you for any assistance.

RE: Riffworks Line 6 Activation Issues.
by ricksox on 2009-12-21 10:27:57

Hello,

What are your computer specs? Can you tell me what operating system you are running on?

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Riffworks Line 6 Activation Issues.
by MTK09 on 2009-12-21 14:52:42

Intel Core i5 2.67 GHz - Processor

4 GB of DDR3 Corsair Memory (XM3S - PC10600)

XFX GTX 260 Black Edition - Graphics Card

MSI GD65 - Motherboard

(Power Supply is 800 Watts)

Running Windows 7 32 bit

Re: RE: Riffworks Line 6 Activation Issues.
by fifers1 on 2010-01-03 16:25:07

Sir,

I'm having the exact same problem, but running the following system:

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU

T8100 @ 2.10 GHz 2.10 GHz

3.00 GB Ram

Windows 7 32-Bit Operating System

Please let me know if there is a solution to this because it's the last step in all the installations of
the GuitarPort/Rifftracker bundle I bought.

Re: Riffworks Line 6 Activation Issues.
by loyxop on 2010-01-05 09:06:26

This is an interesting quetions.  I hope that Line6Miller has time to get back to you on this on.  I am operating on Windows 7 as well.

I think what this points out is that the Beta download isn't going to be a permanent fix.

What I'd like somebody to take 5 seconds to tell us is what steps are being taken by either Line 6 or Sonoma to get Gearbox and Riffworks up and running on Windows 7.

Is there a timeline?  I'm willing to be patient, I would just like to know how long this may take.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.