These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD FARM on a computer without internet, from Mac to PC
by malhomme on 2009-12-13 03:42:49

Hello to all...

I have been trying to have POD FARM installed on a studio machine that has no ainternet access. I will have a hardware linked POD FARM.

I have been trying to understand the videos (english in sot my native tongue and spoken language is not read language).

But the video seems to consider that transferring of files in made from a windows machine to another, or from a mac machien to another.

In my case I got to transfer files from my internet machien( a mac running tiger) to the studio machine (a PC running XP32 sp3).

What should I do ?

Thanks in advance

Re: POD FARM on a computer without internet, from Mac to PC
by geeker on 2009-12-13 04:08:31

Download the Window version of POD Farm on your Mac, transfer it it a USB drive, transfer it to your non-Internet Windows computer and then install it. Connect your Line 6 hardware device and viola.... POD farm should work. The authorization for the POD Farm Plugin software is tied to your hardware if you own it. The POD Farm editor software should work fine with your hardware unless it's a X3/X3 Live/X3 Pro. You have to use Gearbox as an editor for the X3 series.

Re: POD FARM on a computer without internet, from Mac to PC
by malhomme on 2011-07-22 01:51:46

Back from the dead....

I change a lot in the studio and the podfarm issue went underwater...

Irevived it theses days and...

Well it doesn't work at all...

Neither with my PODXT hooked, neither with my POD X3 LIVE hooked, neither with both...

I still get an "unregistered" message...

Grrrrrrr....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.