These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

How can I use Pod Farm in Cubase SX 3?
by chrisgd on 2009-03-22 13:31:20

I have tried in several ways on how to load the plug-in but I still haven't really found how, I have loaded it by adding an effect channel on a track and it loads but it doesn't detects sound and I don't hear anything, I set the VST Audiobay to an ASIO UX1 (which I think is my pod studio device) and it seems that Cubase detects the sound I'm playing with my guitar but when I load Pod Farm it doesn't detects sound and therefore I can't hear anything. What am I doing wrong? How can I load my Pod Farm plug-in in Cubase correctly?

Re: How can I use Pod Farm in Cubase SX 3?
by stumpsout on 2009-03-22 14:58:01

I think you gotta move the Pod Farm dll file from it's folder into your VST Plugins folder manually.

by chrisgd on 2009-03-22 15:41:14

I have done that, it's in the same folder where my vst's are but I still have the same problem.

Another possible answer?

by stumpsout on 2009-03-22 18:00:42

hmm..did you try running the Line 6 Monkey, too?

Has PF been activated by being online?

*It is meant to be used 'mainly' as a re-amp device, so you need a dry track recorded first.

You may need to go to 'VST Connections" in Cubase and create your input and output busses.

Then I select it as a channel insert.

I hope your answer is in there somewhere, best i can do with my scatterbrain today

by ChaChing on 2009-03-23 11:01:16

Hi,

The first question is does POD Farm say 'No Authorized Device Detected' at the bottom of the plugin window? If yes, then do a license refresh:

In the 'Optional Add-Ons' tab of Line 6 Monkey, please click 'Activate Feature.' Instead of a license code, type the word "Refresh" in the text field and click 'Activate.' Follow any instructions given during the programming process...you will have to unplug/replug the USB at one point. Once complete, try POD Farm plugin again.

Line6Sach

by chrisgd on 2009-03-23 18:10:11

stumpsout: Yes, I have run the Line 6 Monkey and all the things my UX1 device have had been activated (the updates are the newest and the optional add-ons are activated). I have set in the VST connections to an ASIO UX1 which I think is my Pod Studio UX1 device so it shoud work, but when I launch Pod Farm it doesn't detects sound, and in the bottom of Pod Farm plug-in it says: "Authorized Device: UX1", and spite of this the Cubase program detects the sound I'm playing on my guitar. I don't know how to create the input and output busses, could you tell me how? I'm a bit new on these DAW programs and I'm trying to make this as good as I can.

Line6Sach: Like I said to stumpsout my device is Authorized, on the bottom of the plug-in it says: "Authorized Device: UX1", so I think my License is ok. But I did what you said anyway, I went to the Optional Add-Ons' tab of Line 6 Monkey, clicked on the "Activate purchase" and the typed the word "Refresh" in the text field and clicked on "Activate" I did all the program said and then opened Cubase again and tried the Pod Farm plug-in but I'm still having the same problem.

And I must said that I have tried the Pod Farm stand-alone and it works like a charm, I love it, I don't know why in Cubase it doesn't work. I have tried the Pod Farm plug-in on FL Studio (a DAW) and it works great, I just had to set some things to get it to work correctly, and I would like to have it good on Cubase too 'cause it's a bit easier to use for me.

Another possible answer please? Thanks in advance.

by Line6Hugo on 2009-03-24 14:08:55

Chrisgd,

Please follow the steps in the following POD Farm recording setup guide on how to instantiate the POD Farm Plug-in in Cubase:

http://line6.com/data/l/0a06007211cf84911ce83d02af/application/pdf/POD%20Farm%20Recording%20Setup%20Guide%20(Rev%20A)%20-%20English.pdf

Letus know if you continue to have issues after following these instructions.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by RadoValente on 2009-05-09 08:40:25

Hi, I'm having the same issue ("no authorized hardware..." etc) in Cubase SX3. I've done everything you explain in the forum and in the "help" pdf. It still does the same thing. I cannot run it. I have it all authorized. What solution do I have?

Thanks.

by xaxionx on 2009-07-31 17:47:36

I need help here. just purchased Cubase LE 4 and won't get POD FARM plugin to work. i have to confess home recording is new to me and i never did anything like this before. The Problem i think was, the Files weren't in The Library/Audio/Plugins/VsT. I installed the Update of PodFarm (1.11.). The Plugin was supposed to install (listed in the install-application) but even after the installation, the files weren't there.

Any Help?

by jonterre on 2010-06-22 14:12:28

I had exactly the same problem in Cubase LE 4.

Licence refresh worked perfectly though

thanks Line6Sach

great help

by galluzXD on 2012-12-14 13:47:45

Have you tried going to "plugin info" or something in the "peripherics" folder (or something, can't remember really well) and add the address of the folder containing the VST .dll file (such as "C:\Program Files\Line6\Pod Farm" etc), without moving or copying it from its original folder? There's the command in the plugin info panel. It worked for me on Cubase 5, with Pod Farm and other external plugins such as Guitar Rig.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.