These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Studio UX2 + Pod Farm. Often choppy playback - ruining recording !!
by BenBuffone on 2009-12-17 13:20:10

Hello.

I purchased a Pod Studio UX2 around 2 weeks ago from an authorized Line 6 Retailer (Eastern Entertainment Services, Suffolk). I have installed current drivers and all included software apart from Reason Adapted. I have fully registered my device online, and the FX Junkie model pack.

When playing my Fender Telecaster (using Vintage Voltage tweed guitar cable), through Pod Farm Standalone, every 30 - 50 seconds i get very choppy + distorted audio. This continues for at least 5 seconds, when the audio returns to normal. After another 30 - 50 seconds, this process is repeated.

As you can imagine, this greatly compromises recording through Ableton Live Lite 8 Line 6 Studio Edition, and other recording programs i may use.

I have also disabled the internal sound card, while using my UX2. I believe the Pod Studio UX2 is a very reliable and innovative product, however, if this problem continues, i may be forced to return it. As you can imagine, I'd rather not do this !

Thanks very much for your support,

Ben Buffone (Owner of UX2 - Line 6 Online screen name - "digitalpadraig").

Re: Pod Studio UX2 + Pod Farm. Often choppy playback - ruining recording !!
by cmahan on 2009-12-19 09:40:24

Did you try disabling wireless conection?

by BenBuffone on 2009-12-19 10:17:45

Have Done. No effect,

by theravensquill on 2009-12-21 21:08:22

I have the same problem and it's starting to get on my nerves.

RE: Pod Studio UX2 + Pod Farm. Often choppy playback - ruining recording !!
by ricksox on 2009-12-29 14:24:41

There are several reasons why you may be getting pops, clicks, and hum with our USB devices. Here are some things you should check first.

1. Fill out your support profile at http://line6.com/account/supportprofile/

2. Ensure that you have tested all cables to make sure that they are not defective (USB, audio, etc.)

3. Ensure that you have all cables connections set up properly

4. Adjust the Buffer Slider in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel. (Windows Users: Start/All Programs/Line6/Tools/Audio-MIDI Devices; Mac Users: System Preferences/Other/Audio-MIDI Devices)

5. Adjust Sample Rates and Bit Depths in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel and ensure that the Sample Rates and Bit Depth settings in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel also match the project settings in your DAW/recording application

6. Ensure that you have the Line 6 device set up in your operating system as the main input/output device (sound card); disable internal sound card in your operating system’s Device Manager control panel

7. Ensure that your Line 6 USB Device is not connected to a powered USB hub; direct USB ports are required and please try ALL available direct USB ports during the troubleshooting process

8. Remove all non-essential USB peripherals from the computer (not the mouse or keyboard)

9. Disable any wireless cards on computer in Device Manager

10. Set Power Schemes on computer in Control Panel (PC Only) to Always On

11. There are also several other tips and optimizations you can make on your PC. Please refer to the following document for more information:

http://line6.com/data/l/0a06007213339477ea0690cb2a/application/pdf/GearBox%203.5%20and%20later%20Windows%20XP%20&%20Vista%20Audio%20Tips%20&%20Optimizations%20(Rev%20A)%20-%20English.pdf

Also, if you are experiencing large bursts of white noise you should read this FAQ for additional tips.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Pod Studio UX2 + Pod Farm. Often choppy playback - ruining recording !!
by skinnyal83 on 2010-01-06 05:08:51

I have the same problem with choppy playback using pod studio UX2, not only in pod farm but all the time every 50sec or so, watching movies or listening to mp3s, anything involving sounds really. I've tried all the tips given by Line6miller, nothing helps. Im running Win 7 on a Intel pentium 2,2Ghz, 800Mhz FSB with 4gb ram, laptop. All brand new. HELP!

Re: RE: Pod Studio UX2 + Pod Farm. Often choppy playback - ruining recording !!
by NeilFor on 2010-11-18 02:22:28

I had no problems at all and then I suddenly got the popping, crackling white nose problem every 30-50 seconds  ... very annoying and disastrous for recording.  I tried a few things from the threads listed above but none worked.  Eventually I switched the PAD button at the back of the KB37 on and the problem disappeared but the signal is weaker - not the fix I first thoughrt it was... but depending on the amps and distortion your using can help...

by timpham34940 on 2011-07-08 10:59:54

Hey, I have a same problem. I unpluged the interface and pluged it in a different USB port. It worked. Thank God!!!!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.