These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

Midi In setting for Vyzex
by jpg006 on 2009-12-27 04:40:11

I am running XP with a Sound Blaster Live Sound card. Vyzex asks for both In and Out Midi ports. I have Midi out ports via Soundblaster and MS, but I do not have a Midi out port that I can locate.

1. Is there any other way to transfer settings from the Pocket POD to Vyzex?

2. Is there a solution to adding a Midi in port to my XP machine?

thanks

John

Re: Midi In setting for Vyzex
by Line6Hugo on 2009-12-31 09:00:18

jpg006,

The only connection you should be using for the Pocket POD and Vyzex is through the USB Mini cable that comes with the device. There is no need for additional MIDI IN/OUT ports.

Please go over the following knowledge base document for troubleshooting tips:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1382

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: Midi In setting for Vyzex
by PsicraftTony on 2009-12-31 13:26:09

Hi John,

Hugo is right - Using the supplied USB cable is the only way to connect your PocketPOD to the Vyzex software.

What you need to know is that by connecting this USB cable to your computer, the PocketPOD will 'appear' to the operating system (Windows or OS X) as a MIDI IN and MIDI OUT port in the program dialogs you are referring to. The software is configured to automatically open these MIDI ports and use them when it is launched, but if you don't have the USB cable connected these ports won't be visible and everything grinds to a halt.

Let us know how it goes.

Tony

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.