These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

metal shop pack not showing up on pod
by Chups01098 on 2009-12-27 21:36:58

i just bought the metal shop pack, and in monkey activated it and installed it.  However, it wont show up on my pod (xt live).  If i go to line 6 edit and edit a tone, when i click amps list all the ones in the metal shop are still blocked.  I tried clicking activate and typing 'refresh' in teh spot but  that didn't do anything.

i have no idea what to do

Re: metal shop pack not showing up on pod
by LoonyBin-Fizzbin on 2009-12-28 04:49:40

I´m thinking that you may not have the latest firmware version for your Pod? This firmware version actually installed the "Bass Expansion" to be ready for accepting a license Key, and may have affected the Metal Shop as well post this update!

This is the firware version you would need:

Version 3.01
Released 4/20/06

Works with:
PODxt Live

This firmware update adds additional Models to your PODxt's standard model set.
These include 6 new Amp Models, 4 new Stompbox Models, and 7 new Wah Models.
This update is required to install the Bass Expansion Model Pack and to use Line 6 Edit version 3.0.
The sound of your existing Channels won't be affected by the update, but changes were made to the Preset Channels included to spotlight some of the new models.
OS: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98SE, Mac OS X, Mac OS Panther, Mac OS Tiger, Windows Vista, Mac OS Leopard, Mac OS Snow Leopard

You can use Line 6 Monkey to Update firmware, and this is actually the "Preferred" method.

RE: metal shop pack not showing up on pod
by ricksox on 2009-12-30 09:55:30

Hello,

Make sure your POD is up to date as Loony mentioned.

After that, try refreshing your model pack in Monkey as called out in the following FAQ.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4738

Line6Miller

Re: metal shop pack not showing up on pod
by Chups01098 on 2009-12-31 19:54:24

sorry for taking so long to respond.  they're on my pod.  i just kept restarting it till they showed up.  but now....they wont show up on gearbox.  i can only edit on the pod....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.