These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport GX - audio popping and glitching in general(recording, mp3, youtube) after reinstalling Windows
by Milkybg on 2009-12-28 08:12:49

So, I've got a Toneport GX and was very satisfied until couple of weeks ago when I reinstalled Windows on my PC. I had very little latency, everything worked great soundwise. Then I reinstalled windows, installed toneport drivers and all audio started to pop and glitch, even windows sounds, mp3s, youtube videos. I thought, it could be because I installed WinXP Home Edition with no service packs, so I got myself a Pro Edition, installed SP3, K-Lite, even mainboard sound drivers, just in case. Downloaded most recent Line 6 drivers, tried the older ones, and nothing. It still pops even with the buffer lengths and sizes maxed out. Did an optimization of everything, but I don't really think that's the issue, since I remember recording with no problem while watching HD videos and having some serious animated windows themes and such. During playback in all daws I use, popping is.... tolerable, but not perfect, nor good. During recording, popping, actually, constant short pauses in sound become ten times worse.

I only have a usb ADSL modem plugged into the usb ports other than toneport, but again, it used to work properly with a printer, webcam, mp3 player and similar devices plugged in. There's an online competition that ends in a couple of days that I'd like to enter, but these issues make recording impossible. Hope I get some info and advice here.

Cheers, Line 6 team.

Re: Toneport GX - audio popping and glitching in general(recording, mp3, youtube) after reinstalling Windows
by Milkybg on 2009-12-28 13:40:06

I guess it was some kind of conflict with software, currently using Windows 7 32bit version and it works like a charm

RE: Toneport GX - audio popping and glitching in general(recording, mp3, youtube) after reinstalling Windows
by ricksox on 2009-12-29 09:51:02

Glad you got it all sorted out!

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Toneport GX - audio popping and glitching in general(recording, mp3, youtube) after reinstalling Windows
by Ozzy_W on 2010-12-15 09:35:25

Hello,

I actually am experiencing the same problem!

(and yes I realise its an old topic!)

My pc is around 3 to 4 years old now, but the problem started not very long ago. I have a few USB devices connected as a webcam, printer, BCD3000 and UMX25 (midicontrollers), etc

But all of these devices used to be connected before aswell without any hassle!

I did a clean install of Win7 3 days ago, i did it because there was soundglitches all over in Vista, but the reinstall didn't help at all!

During playback the glitches and pops are bearable ... sometimes hardly noticeable, but nonetheless they are there!

But as soon as I start using any DAW, the sound starts stuttering in such a matter, that it's just impossible to work like this, let alone be able to stand it for more then 5 minutes.

I've been looking for a solution that works for a while now, none have worked.

In a topic about Windows 7's issue with sound I read about DPC Latency Checker, and I took some screenshots

In this screenshot I'm just listening to a mp3 file, and the sound is ok.

Capture01.PNG

As soon as I open my DAW, without it having doing anything it is already showing issues.

The mp3 that plays on the background gets a lot of clicking and stuttering

Capture02.PNG

Then when I play a single drumloop, sound is unbearable and it only shows red

Capture03.PNG

Now I make music as a hobby but I'd like to do serious stuff with what I made ... but this just discourages me to the max.

Thanks in advance!

Oz

My current setup:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 530
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          4300  @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 1239MB used, 4898MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (2- Line 6 TonePort GX)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: USB\VID_0E41&PID_4147&REV_0001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: L6TPortGX.sys
Driver Version: 4.01.0001.0007 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: No
Date and Size: 9/7/2010 23:45:08, 579456 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Line 6
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1028020D&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Digital Audio Interface (2- Line 6 TonePort GX)
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Name: L6TPortGX.sys
Driver Version: 4.01.0001.0007 (English)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.