These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Lowdown

Two Lowdown Studio 110`s together?
by Kitchensink on 2010-01-03 08:15:22

I have two Studio 110 combo`s, just for the purpose to use both of them for live gigs. a sort of two 10" configuration, more power and still the portability.

A did it once, using a effect pedal with two outputs, one for each Studio 110.

Problem is that it is not possible to have the exact same sound out of every Studio 110 in this situation.

There is no Pre-amp in jack on the amp, but I read that I can use the MP3 input as a Pre-amp in jack.

This input is a 3,5 mm stereo connector, and the Pre-amp out is 6,3 mm mono, can you tell me how to wire the cable from 6,3 mono to 3,5 mm stereo in order to bypass the Pre-amp section of the other Studio 110??

Thanks in advance!

Hans, The Netherlands

RE: Two Lowdown Studio 110`s together?
by ricksox on 2010-01-04 09:45:04

Hello,

You may have to purchase a 1/4" to 1/8" step down adapter from a local electronics store. They are fairly inexpensive. See the link below.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/408124-REG/Hosa_Technology_GMP_113_1_4_TS_Female_Phone.html

Line6Miller

Re: RE: Two Lowdown Studio 110`s together?
by Kitchensink on 2010-01-04 11:15:33

Yes, I know this kind of adapter, but what to do with the mono to the stereo thingy? When I convert the mono 6,3 mm to this mono 3,2 mm adapter, and put it in the MP3 stereo input, I short out the tip and middle ring, wil this be a problem for the amp?

Thanks so far for your quick reply!

RE: Two Lowdown Studio 110`s together?
by Line6Hugo on 2010-01-07 11:28:11

There shouldn't be a problem, but it is possible that you may get less of a signal into the amp receiving from the cd/mp3 jack because you are using a mono cable into the stereo input.

I just suggest that you use an audio splitter box to send your bass signal to both amps.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Kitchensink on 2010-01-08 13:51:13

I tried it, didn`t have a sound out of the one I plugged in to the MP3 input, I forgot; MP3 input only works with a jackplug plugged into the amp.

I rest my case and will use a splitter box (in my case a stereo chorus pedal), and wil try to make the two amps sound the same.

Thanks for your help, regards Hans

by Plotskai on 2011-04-08 01:06:04

Hans - I have had the same idea as you (linking 2 Lowdon 110s for bigger gigs) - did you find the best way of doing this? - Cheers, P

by Kitchensink on 2011-07-22 03:20:41

Hi P,

I didn find  a "best way", just used a stereo effect pedal to split the bass input signal.

so two slightly different sounds from each Studio 110.

I took more and more only one of them to a gig, yes I am lazy I guess...

Nowadays I use only a single 110 as my personal monitor and go  to the mixing console using the built in DI.

The total sound of the band is very well balanced this way, no booming bass on stage ;-)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.