These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

My amp blew out. How do I go about getting it replaced?
by danstu on 2010-01-05 17:11:56

I received a 30 watt Spider IV amp for Christmas, and have been using it regularly since then. Today, I turned on the amp, turned around to get the cable to plug my guitar in, heard a pop, and turned back around to see smoke coming out of the MP3 player input port. The amp had nothing plugged into it, has not been exposed to any extreme heat or cold, has not suffered any physical damage, and none of the knobs were up past their halfway point. It is completely unacceptable that this amp is worthless less than two weeks after I received it, and I demand a replacement. Tell me know how I can go about getting this device replaced.

Re: My amp blew out. How do I go about getting it replaced?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2010-01-05 17:30:12

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that.

There is a FAQ which covers repairs and how to get them done here: http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1606

Line 6 warranty information is here: http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4838 

However, I guess that your amp is probably under 30 days old since the purchase.  This seems to be the magic number for getting your supplier to replace faulty goods directly in a lot of places in the world.

In the UK we have the Sale of Goods Act which makes the retailer directly responsible for repairing, replacing or refunding in the case of faulty goods for 12 months from the date of purchase.  The legal requirement on the retailer does change in terms of what they have to do depending on how far into the 12 month statutory rights period they actually are, but for something that's less than 30 days old, I think they have to replace or refund rather than repair.  Most retailers will offer to replace immediately depending on stock anyway.  If you are in the UK, you need to take the item back to the retailer with proof of purchase.  Elsewhere the rules may be different, but it might still be worth talking to the retailer first anyway.   Line 6's warranty is for 12 months, and if the retailer can't or won't help you need to follow the guidance in the FAQ to get Line 6 to resolve the problem for you.

Nick

Re: My amp blew out. How do I go about getting it replaced?
by line6lm on 2010-01-22 16:57:17

It's been a couple of days since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this thread. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open this thread with us and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

If all of your questions have been answered please be sure to award Helpful and/or Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers, and close out the ticket as “answered” if your situation has been resolved. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.