These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 / M13 looper needs a metronome and possibility to set tempo
by aarel on 2010-01-06 14:38:41

I love the fact, that the m9 has a loop built in. But in my opinion it has two HUGE flaws:

1. There is no metronome. So its pretty much impossible to stay in time over a longer loop.

2. There is no possibility to set a tempo for a loop so that you could start or stop looping at every quarter => Nevermore out of time! (this could be done via the tap-tempo button for example that resides unused in the looper-mode).

Im really puzzled why not one of these options was integrated in m9 or m13. Nobody can be in time so well, that you could loop longer takes without a metronome or time-aligned grid.

If there is the possibility to include this in an update, PLEASE include this. This would render it perfect (and I wouldn't have to spend another 500 for the boss rc-50 )

Anyone with me on this?

RE: M9 / M13 looper needs a metronome and possibility to set tempo
by Kneehow on 2010-01-11 11:31:13

Hi,

Sounds like a valid idea. Send your request directly to the product development team here: http://line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: M9 / M13 looper needs a metronome and possibility to set tempo
by emannuelrojas on 2010-01-11 16:20:47

Indeed.

The m13 is a great pedalboard, but to me the looper seems like a very basic feature that screams to be improved upon.

I would also add to the request a Quantize feature and the posibility to change the tempo of an already recorded loop. Maybe perhaps when you enter Looper Mode you could use one of the LCD screens to adjust its parameters, like a real looper pedal.

I too have been looking to buy a Boss Looper to record small loops and edit them, so adding this would make the m13 extra awesome.

by RichRenken on 2010-01-12 02:53:59

aarel wrote:

I love the fact, that the m9 has a loop built in. But in my opinion it has two HUGE flaws:

1. There is no metronome. So its pretty much impossible to stay in time over a longer loop.

2. There is no possibility to set a tempo for a loop so that you could start or stop looping at every quarter => Nevermore out of time! (this could be done via the tap-tempo button for example that resides unused in the looper-mode).

Im really puzzled why not one of these options was integrated in m9 or m13. Nobody can be in time so well, that you could loop longer takes without a metronome or time-aligned grid.

If there is the possibility to include this in an update, PLEASE include this. This would render it perfect (and I wouldn't have to spend another 500 for the boss rc-50 )

Anyone with me on this?

Not many people will be with you on this. Not that what you are asking for isn't reasonable but because you are trying to use the looper in a way that it is not intended to be used. It is to be an ambient "in the moment" "on the fly" looper. It is not trying to be the Boss at all. It comes directly from the DL4 with a couple improvements that DL4 guys have asked for. Check out the links below.

Amazing looper cat named Genie at a looper fest in San Fran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-Gpx-OHno&feature=related

This is a cat named Bobby Devito doing some nice ambient looping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JL0W_sZkZI

And here is a real good example of using it to add to your performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPI06IKu8do&feature=related

by Mincer on 2010-01-12 07:39:45

I think the fact that it doesn't have a metronome or tempo setting is a feature! It forces me to be creative on the fly and add little loops while I am playing live. I never thought at all that I would use it for syncing to a drummer or providing the backing in the middle of a song.

BTW, I played with Bobby Devito a bunch in the mid 90s. Cool stuff. Also, I used the M13 for a demo I did for Steinberger...the loop I set up at the end had a bunch of forwards and backwards guitars, the Octoverb, and a bunch of other things in there...it kinda sounds like a Mellotron. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_oOVY07xpI

by RichRenken on 2010-01-12 14:13:59

Very cool. I know what you mean. That is cool about you and Bobby, he is a good dude.

I like the clock you have on your M13.

by Mincer on 2010-01-12 19:12:53

Yeah, a clock is on my list of future updates- it would be a better world if all musicians understood the concept of time!

by goldglob on 2010-01-13 01:53:37

Ah..so many musicians..so little time.

by jpdennis on 2010-01-20 15:00:06

What if when you went into bypass a clock came up on the FX display OR you had a clock display on the M13 around the same area Dave has his.

Dennis

by chervil on 2010-04-30 01:18:14

I' m with you. The Looper needs a quantize function... also a metronome would be very nice...

by Mincer on 2010-04-30 07:24:56

I would hate any kind of quantize on the looper- it goes against the fundamental way that I use loops.

by chervil on 2010-05-01 02:16:53

A new feature hasn't necessarily to kill an old one. It could be done with an option in the scene menu where you could choose quantize on/off in this way Line6 would only win new costumers like those guys who are more into digitech and boss kind of loopers...

by toddmccool on 2011-08-23 23:40:09

yea, i can't even get it to stay in time with a metronome....let alone using in a live band setting, is great for practicing at home, but no reliable live application really

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.