These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Line 6 UX1 studio latency problems?
by hashampersand on 2009-03-24 16:38:22

I bought the UX1 as it advertised the 'virtual elimination' of latency, and a low recording noise, two things which were bugging the hell out of me with my iMic.  It works fine with the headphones plugged straight into the box, but when I try and route the sound through garageband, I get some noticeable 'vibe killing' latency.  Much more than in Ableton or riffworks.  Should I run Gearbox as a standalone program in the background, or will the AU unit do the same thing? 

When I use Guitar Rig Standalone, there are next to no latency problems, but with garageband, it's really noticeable, and pretty annoying.  I bought this thing on the strength of the blurb and internet reviews, so can anyone help me out? 

I have my garageband set up for lowest latency, and good quality sound samples, I'm editing a 5 track song with 3 live instruments, and my Line 6 Ux1 is set to the smallest buffer size for lowest latency.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.