These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

What is causing Guitarport sound cut outs?
by lsmith4234 on 2010-01-21 07:17:14

The problem that I having is as follows:  When I try to play through Guitarport along with an internal Cd/DVD, my guitar cuts out

intermittently throughout the song.  Guitarport works fine as long as I don't use the internal CD/DVD player. The CD/DVD player works fine as long as I don't use Guitarport.  I have used the Monkey to update all software.  I have assinged Guitarport as my sound card.  I have set up my computer to work with line 6. None of this works. This problem just recently started.  Prior to that I experienced no problems.I am running Windows XP through my Dell laptop.  The computer more than meets the necessary technical requirements. Help!!!

Re: What is causing Guitarport sound cut outs?
by devilslefthand on 2010-01-23 13:02:49

I'm having the same problem in everything (not just CD). Approx. every 30-45 seconds, my guitar cuts out anywhere from a split second to 2-3 seconds.

It worked fine last night but now won't. I've tried different USB ports, taking all peripherals out, unplugging and replugging, and nothing.

Any suggestions?

by devilslefthand on 2010-01-23 15:42:25

Ok, I fixed mine. Was a latency problem. I went into the "Line 6 Midi Audio MIDI Devices" and slid the buffer rate to the right, no more pops.

by matts5273 on 2010-02-02 16:43:12

Same problem here.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.