These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Vetta Settings Changing on their own
by NonchalantLG on 2010-01-24 12:25:34

Hi,

I have a Vetta II HD and all of a sudden the eq and volume will change suddenly on their own.  The eq will change settings sporadically and dramatically and the volume will sometimes max out on its own.  I do not want to turn it on because I do not want to risk blowing out my cab.

Is this a software glitch that could be fixed by a reset or am I looking at a hardware problem?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Re: Vetta Settings Changing on their own
by HughEWilliams on 2010-01-27 11:59:13

I have a Vetta II combo.  I was in the middle of a gig last night and all of a sudden the volume on a patch cut by at least 1/2.  I use the longboard and immediately punched in another sound, then went back to my original sound.  All was fine...until it happened a second, third and fouth time.  It did this on a couple of different patches.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Hugh

by thorneven on 2010-01-28 08:55:44

To both posters...  You can try upgrading to the latest firmware which is 2.5.  But if that doesn't help, and I wouldn't expect it to, it sounds like a hardware problem, maybe some dirt that got into the pots/buttons.  Try blowing out the pots/buttons with some air spray.  thorne

by HughEWilliams on 2010-01-28 09:49:46

Thanks Thorne....appreciate it!  Will try that....

by lava on 2012-03-27 13:25:40

I just had this problem: my patch volume was alternating between the patch volume setting and the knob setting. Vibration is blamed and it can happen to any of the patch setting knobs.

I zeroed out the patch adjustment knobs, turned them all the way to the left, and the problem stopped. Rubber gaskets are also suggested to stop the knob from vibrating.

Line 6 service said that the patch knobs are not actually potentiators, they're encoders and therefore much more sensitive to vibration.

check this posting for more details

http://line6.com/support/message/39647#39647

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.