These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Studio UX2, Pod Farm & Fl Studio + Midi Floorboard / Controller - Few Questions
by touch_the_sky on 2010-01-25 06:23:34

Hi there everyone!

I posted it in a different section as well, as I didn't notice this one before.

I've just noticed how easy it is to enable the podfarm processed guitar channel as an input in one of FL Studio Mixer channels. That allows me to apply any VSTi effect on a guitar (after Pod Farm) as I play / record.

Due to the nature of UX2 there is some issues with control over it while playing. A floorboard with couple of pedals and some buttons would be just perfect, but as far as I know you can only get a "basic footswich"

for UX2 (right?). So what I was thinking was to get the Shortboard MK2 which is not compatible with my device as such, but has the Midi functionality.

My question regarding this is - has anyone tried that Shortboard MK2 as Midi controller (is it any good?)? And would I be able to assign any button / knob in FL mixer to any button / pedal and then save it somehow, so I won't have to reasign stuff each time I open my project?

The other thing is, there are "2 balanced line outpus" - if I want to use them as separate ones (rather than left and right) would both of them be Stereo? If Yes, did anyone tried / managed to, set a backing track in FL studio to one mixer channel and output it using output 1, then output just the processed guitar using output2 at the same time?

Regards,

TouchTheSky

Re: Pod Studio UX2, Pod Farm & Fl Studio + Midi Floorboard / Controller - Few Questions
by schecterclassic on 2010-02-10 11:03:18

I'm curious as to whether you got your answers for this question...

Re: Pod Studio UX2, Pod Farm & Fl Studio + Midi Floorboard / Controller - Few Questions
by BigChas52 on 2010-02-10 12:54:36

While balanced outputs, and stereo line outs may both use the same 1/4" TRS type jack, their functionality is very different.  The left balanced out only has the left signal, and the right balanced out only has the right signal.  You cannot use either for "stereo"

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.