These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Calibrating a Ex1 expression pedal with FBV Shortboard
by clearyrich on 2010-02-02 11:26:09

Hi, I have just bought a new Ex1 expression pedal for my FBV Shortboard and Spider jam amp.  I have followed the instructions (from this site) for calibration but all I get is the expression pedal and the shortboard pedal performing the same function (wah or volume) whichever mode is chosen by the shortboard pedal.  According to the specification of the Shortboard and Ex1 pedal the shortboard is supposed to operate only as a wah and the expression pedal as a volume pedal.  What can I be doing wrong?

Re: Calibrating a Ex1 expression pedal with FBV Shortboard
by clearyrich on 2010-02-03 08:24:52

I have just had my question answered via a search of other discussions on this site ........... and I don't like the answer one bit.  So Line 6 can get away with advertising a USELESS product  - the Ex1 expression pedal.  The product spec says it is designed to be compatible with the FBV shortboard to permit separate volume control.  I spent £45 buying one specifically for this purpose and it DOESN'T WORK (except to duplicate the shortboard pedal function).  It is not good enough to just say "yes there is a functionality problem".  It seems a lot of people on here are in a similar position.  Line 6  ought to at least recompense people who can provide proof of purchase. 

by joegillespie on 2010-02-03 21:41:30

When a product is clearly not fit for purpose, you are entitled to a full refund from the retailer - or your credit card company.

by clearyrich on 2010-02-04 04:15:17

Thanks for raising that point.  What makes me mad is that evidently this issue was raised on this site as far back as 2006 and yet Line 6 have still not dealt with it.  That is unacceptable.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.