These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No stereo out in Toneport UX2 (please read, thanks)
by emrc on 2010-02-04 08:27:06

Hi,

i'm using the UX2 with Garageband and Logic and i get no pan/stereo dynamics from my mix when monitoring from the UX2.

Everything is listen in Center.. even if has some (or total) left or right panorama...

...so now i have to do the final mix with internal audio card.

this is really annoing...

...i have tried to fix this but no sucess.

maybe i'm missing something... but i have no clue.

Can anyone help me?

Please.

(i've everything upgraded... software, firmware, drivers...)

Thanks

emanuel

Re: No stereo out in Toneport UX2 (please read, thanks)
by papero2004 on 2011-02-16 15:28:48

I have the same problem... never had that before... it started today!!! Please help...

by Morkulv on 2011-03-27 07:20:15

I had the same problem. I found a way to get stereo-out though, and thats by plugging your speakers in the headphone-out on the TonePort.

I hope this helped! The headphone-out increased the bass alot for me though, so thats something to keep in mind.

by CliveCalcutt on 2011-03-28 09:14:49

Sounds like a problem with cabling between your toneport and your speakers or 'phones. You don't say whether you're using 'phones or speakers. If you're using 'phones and an adaptor of any kind (eg 1/8" to 1/4") then make sure it's a stereo adaptor. If you have speakers plugged into the "Analog Outs" on the back of the Toneport and you're using your computer speakers to monitor, then you're probably running the two (L & R) mono 1/4" cables into an adaptor to allow you to connect to your (probably 1/8" stereo) connector on the end of your apeakers. This must be a dual mono- into single stereo adaptor, otherwise you're simply summing the two signals into a single mono out.

If your cabling is all ok, then I'd look at the output settings in your DAW to make sure your signal isn't panned within the DAW (but it doesn't sound like this is the problem).

Clive

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.