These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

SIGNAL NOISE REMAINS...
by Mozzer on 2010-02-07 12:37:12

I've been having signal noise issues with my PODxt for quite a long time now, and I tried about everything...I'd be very tankfull if you could give me any advise.

This is what happens: when I plug my guitar into the POD and give the amp some gain, I get a CONSTANT AND VERY STRONG signal noise. I almost have to "kill" the sound by using the gate function not to hear it. The noise level softens when using clean types of  amplifiers, but the moment you turn the gain knob up just a little the  signal noise starts again, loud and constant. I can't record at all. Also, when I cover the coil or cover the AC adapter part of the PODxt the signal goes down a bit.

I let you know the characteristics of the hardware I'm using to record:

LAPTOP

COMPAQ  PRESARIO R3000  ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=442915&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&lang=&tmp_track_link=ot_we/prodlink/en_us/442915/loc:0&cc=us)

1700mhz (AMD3000)

512 RAM

NVIDIA GFORCE 440  GO 64M (VIDEO)

EDIROL UA-4FX external audio capturer (works  via usb) as AUDIO CARD ( http://www.roland.com/products/en/UA-4FX/)

WINDOWS  XP SP3

NUENDO  3.2.

PODXT WITH LINE MONKEY 1.31 AND LATEST DRIVERS, BOUGHT  2007 ON LOCAL STORE (Registered)

The edirol is set up as the main audio  controler in the PC, and so is recognised by Nuendo. I plug a jack cable  into one of the outputs of the Pod and then into the guitar/mic input  of the edirol, which has an output for the headphones. Then I plug the  guitar directly into the Pod. That's my method of recording,just in case  it serves you to know.

As I said before, I get a very strong and  constant signal nois when trying to play a loud or crunchy amp. When I  cover the coil whit my hand, the sound softens but doesn't dissapear; so  does when I cover the ACinput of the POD. When I play a chord I can't  notice if it still sounds, but it's clearly there when I let the chord  "die", it remains when the sound generated by the chord dissapears  gradually.

I  tried it in another laptop and the problem remains. I also tried another guitar  changing the power adapter, the jack cables, re-installing nuendo,  gearbox, pod's driver, ua fx's drivers... but the problem remains.

Thanks in  advance.

Re: SIGNAL NOISE REMAINS...
by toneman2121 on 2010-02-07 13:49:56

you must mark your post as a question

by Mozzer on 2010-02-08 02:39:26

ok how do I do that

by toneman2121 on 2010-02-08 06:02:18

copy your question on a new post. at the bottom left of the message window. there is a box to click on

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.