These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Express MKII - change bank
by pipounionjack on 2010-02-09 15:01:24

Hi, I have a FBV Express MkII with POD X3.

Is it possible to program  my FBV Express MkII to change banks of my POD X3?

Thanks

RE: FBV Express MKII - change bank
by Kneehow on 2010-02-10 10:14:59

Hello,

Unfortunately, no. The FBV Express MKII's do not have "Bank Up/Down" switches. All you can do is access the 4 Channels (A-D) of the current Bank loaded.

FBV Shortboard MKII's have the Bank Up/Down switches. These will let users have footswitchable control through User Banks.

Regards,

L6Perry

Re: RE: FBV Express MKII - change bank
by mauricepoos on 2010-02-17 06:07:14

Hi there

Talking about a new feature in a firmware release

-  Push pedal hard to enable bank switching (and disable wah or volume, this could be determined in the FBV controll application)

- use pedal to go banks up/down

-  Push pedal hard again to switch back to either volume or wah control

This shouldn't be to difficult to programm ;-)

Or is there a SDK?

Regards from Belgium!

Maurice

Re: RE: FBV Express MKII - change bank
by lusmo on 2010-09-07 03:31:52

Hello Line6Perry,

I'd like to write some notes:
1) This device is manufactured without the ability to switch between banks. I respect this, but:
2) The FBV Shortboard MKII is too big
3) The FBV Shortboard MKII is too expensive

4) It is not so hard to add two small switches and send the correct command (with the correct impedance) over UTP cable to the selected device.
5) This is not very good customer support Line6, I think, as well as the inaccessibility schema FBV Shortboard MKII. A little more effort would not hurt, I think .. ;-)

Best regards! Ludek

Re: FBV Express MKII - change bank
by axeman362 on 2010-10-16 04:04:09

I agree with Lusmo.

I have an fbv express and a spider valve 112.  The amp has lots of options but the express pedal gives me less control than having a whole bunch of foot pedals daisy chained like i used to.  If i am playing a lead sound and then I want to add delay or some other effect I have to turn around to mess with knobs.  When i want a new bank i have to turn around and mess with knobs.  Not good while playing live.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.