These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

FBV MKII and EX-1 control for Spider Jam
by skicnt33 on 2010-02-13 11:37:40

I've had the FBV MKII Shortboard for my Spider Jam for a few months and have been really happy with it so far. But i just bought the EX-1 expression pedal and can't seem to get the FBV control software to get it to do what i want. I was hoping that with the expression pedal i would be able to control the degree of modulation, such as increasing the tremolo rate, toe down being fast and heel down being slow, or somthing like phaser. But whenever I use the FBV control software, i try to get it to do this but it always ends up so the expression pedal just contorls the channel volume. Do you thimk i'm just not exporting my presents onto the shortboard right, not selecting the right present, or is it just not possible to do what i'm thinking of (which would make the expression pedal pretty useless). Please help, i love the FBV shortboard but feel like the control feature is very confusing and just need a basic walkthrough.

Thanks

Re: FBV MKII and EX-1 control for Spider Jam
by Buy-a-Fender on 2010-02-13 15:29:25

I dont have an answer for you but I have seen other posts on this forum about this issue - have you used the forum's Search function?

Re: FBV MKII and EX-1 control for Spider Jam
by skicnt33 on 2010-02-13 16:19:29

So i read through the FBV control user manual and found that the whole software is just if you want to do recording for software. I could be wrong but does this mean the changes i make in the software don't apply to my amp at all? If not i don't really see the point of the Expression pedal and it was advertised incorrectly. Please tell me if i'm just doing it wrong or if this in fact is the truth

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.