These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Please update firmware to disable Quick Loop in SV Mk2
by MOTOMEDIA on 2010-02-15 04:00:57

I just played a gig with the new SV Mark 2 112 and the quick loop function accidentally triggered during a song.

It's very annoying and it makes me look like an ass for screwing up.

I tried looking in the settings and there was no way of disabling it. I use a FBV Express Mark 2.

Is there any way of adding a way of disabling the quick loop in the system settings or, storing it individually according to the program patch

itself. Can you make a request in a future firmware update to have the option to disable it when needed or, per patch location.

I need a solution NOW.

Thank you.

Re: Please update firmware to disable Quick Loop in SV Mk2
by Karl_Houseknecht on 2010-02-15 04:18:20

MOTOMEDIA wrote:

the quick loop function accidentally triggered during a song.

I use a FBV Express Mark 2.

In order to accidentally trigger quick loop, you'd have to press A+B or C+D switches at the same time.  I can see how that might be a problem if you weren't careful about what button you're hitting or if you have big feet/shoes.  Have you considred a Shortboard MKII?  Or even just the old FBV Express?

Re: Please update firmware to disable Quick Loop in SV Mk2
by MOTOMEDIA on 2010-02-15 16:05:19

Thanks for the suggestion but, that's not a solution for me since I intentionally wanted the Express Mk2 FBV so I can fit it in a pedal board.

I am playing and singing so, most of the time I only glance at the footswitch and sometimes my foot is not always accurate.

and for some reason the Quick loop came on without stepping on A+B or, C+D.

Take a look at my pedal board and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I still believe this must be able to turn off when needed just for this type of scenario.

I can't imagine playing for a bigger gig and the Quick loop turns on accidentally.

RE: Please update firmware to disable Quick Loop in SV Mk2
by Line6Hugo on 2010-02-17 10:24:58

+1 to Karl's response

Strange that it occurred, but there is currently no way to disable the loop functionality.

I suggest submitting a feature request for that idea at the following link:

http://line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Please update firmware to disable Quick Loop in SV Mk2
by MOTOMEDIA on 2010-02-17 13:57:34

This is what I sent for a new feature suggestion.

Quick Loop needs to have a way to disable it in the system or, turn off individually per program.

I am a professional musician that plays in bands that perform for large audiences and when the Quick Loop accidentally triggers, it is a problem. It happened last weekend.

I am singing and playing and sometimes I am not always accurate when I step  on the pedals to switch programs. I know that a FBV Shortboard is harder to accidentally trigger but, I don't have room on my pedalboard for it so I chose the FBV Express.

Using the Shortboard is not a solution for me. Regardless of if I have a Shortboard or not, this needs to be a feature that can be programmed by the user in the system.

This is like having a car with the gas pedal that sticks. I would appreciate it if this can be implemented ASAP.  Thank you  Markus

Like I said, getting a shortboard is not a solution. I am using other pedals on my pedalboard along with the FBV Express.

Have a look at my pedalboard.

by sixshot on 2012-12-24 15:14:09

Hello, its been a while since anyone replied to this thread but I am wondering if a fix ever came out to disable the loop. I consider this a major major flaw with this amp when used in combination with the express board. I was playing a party the other day and the loop came on accidentialy during two songs once during the guitar solo for enter sandman. I felt like a fool. Also it constantly happens to me during practice. If I am indeed hitting both pedals at once it must only be for a split second. I can't believe this feature would exist without a way to turn it off. I doubt to many people would even use the loop feature in a live gig, its almost like bloatware. If it was not for this one devistating problem it would be a good amp. I could go buy the shortboard and that would no doubt probably be a solution but that would mean I completly wasted my money on this board. It is now 2 years since the last reply to this thread and I am hpoing there has been a fix by now, otherwise I have to either buy the shortboard or never use this amp again in a live show.

I mean come on guys , you gotta be kidding me on this one.

Rock n Roll / Drinking / Adrenaline / Major Vibrations / Chaos / Excitement = Probably hitting pedal A+B or C+D for the split second required to set off the loop at least a couple of times during a show? Geesh....

Please tell me there is a fix????

by mtnman82 on 2012-12-30 00:27:49

Been there, done that on the accidentally hitting the looper, even on the shortboard...

Unfortunately we spider valve owners seem to be the ba$tard children of Line 6.  We've been asking for updates for 2+ years now to no avail.  Sorry to say I wouldn't hold my breath on this. 

Also, if you even hope to get a response from Line 6 (again, I wouldn't hold my breath on it), you need to start a new thread and mark it as a question.  Once they mark a thread as 'assumed answered' they won't check it anymore.  And, they tend to mark a thread 'assumed answered' very quickly, a lot of times before you have a chance to respond.

by TheRealZap on 2012-12-30 05:42:54

they won't respond to the forum at all anymore... regardless of it's status as a question..

you want to hear from line6: http://line6.com/company/contact/">http://line6.com/company/contact/">http://line6.com/company/contact/

by sixshot on 2013-01-25 01:54:51

On the short board will it trigger the loop if you hit a+b or c+d at the same time or will it only trigger if you hit the loop button? Im thinking maybe if I get a midi foot board that might work.

by napynap on 2013-02-16 17:39:52

It happened to me on a recent gig, and can be very confusing. I don't think the crowd noticed it, but it was annoying to me trying to turn it off instead of concentrating on the performance.

by mtnman82 on 2013-02-18 14:21:52

If they had just kept the switches from the MkI shortboard, I don't think there waould have been a problem.  The damn soft touch switches aren't cool for playing live - too touchy...

by sixshot on 2013-02-28 23:05:15

pedalsolution.jpg

I got the Home Depot Solution. I got two stick on wall hooks and just fastened them inbetween each of the two top and bottom pedals. Now its impossible to click both at the same time and I have not triggered the loop since. Its a cluncky fix but it seems to work for anyone desperate.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.