These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

My line 6 fbv long board isnt working.
by woogie on 2010-02-17 13:49:59

The wah and volume pedals work and the display screen lights up but none of the stomps,effects,or channels are working.What could be the problem and what can i do.Please help me out.Thanks

Re: My line 6 fbv long board isnt working.
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2010-02-17 16:16:31

If it is out of warranty and you know what you're doing, try opening it up and reseating all the internal cables.  There may be a dirty connection in the cable connecting the button board to the main board.

Give that a go and let us know if it corrects the problem.

Cheers,

Crusty

by Zagan on 2012-06-08 05:32:30

I'd say by looking at your picture and the big spill mark across the pedal board that some liquid got inside and probably shorted something out. If cleaning it didn't work you may need to have it tested by a professional electronics repair man to find out if something was damaged when this happened. Whenever you spill liquid on electronics CUT POWER IMMEDIATLY and clean and dry thoughly (this means taking it all apart and cleaning and drying the inside too) before you put any power back though it again. Soda will eat circuitry with all the acid in it and leave a sugar residue. Beer or coffee isn't much better and will also leave a sugar residue all over the circuit board and electrical contact points of switches.

In fact you shouldn't have drinks anywhere near your gear because you are just asking for trouble. That may have been a $400 lesson learned the hard way.

by fflbrgst on 2012-06-08 05:36:50

The original inquiry was over 2 years ago, I expect it was taken care of a long time ago!

by Zagan on 2012-06-08 05:47:45

Yeah, but maybe other people will learn from it though

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.