These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Latency, Crackling, Popping... Toneport UX2 with Wins XP
by clara123456 on 2010-02-18 08:53:14

Hi,

I only noticed the problem starting a few weeks ago but I can't pin-point where or when it started exactly.

I feel like I've tried everything, but there may be something I'm missing...

Considering everything was fine for so long leads me to believe it's not the machine... pls help

RE: Latency, Crackling, Popping... Toneport UX2 with Wins XP
by Line6Hugo on 2010-02-19 15:12:34

Clara,

Have there been any changes to your computer since the last time it worked? Have you installed any new software or hardware in that time?

I recommend completely uninstalling all Line 6 software, then re-downloading and installing the latest version of Gearbox or POD Farm. Use the Line 6 Monkey software to update the drivers.

I recommend removing all other USB devices (except for a mouse and keyboard) while troubleshooting this issue. Completely remove ANY USB hubs, and test the UX2 on all of the USB ports on your computer.

You can isolate the problem by trying on a different computer altogether.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Re: RE: Latency, Crackling, Popping... Toneport UX2 with Wins XP
by clara123456 on 2010-02-20 16:02:59

Uninstalling/re-installing with all other USB devices unplugged seemed to work initially.

but last few start-ups it has gotten worse again and now it's back to where it started.

Anything else you can suggest?

It seems to be bubbling with CPU usage, but it's nowhere near capacity... The machine isn't working hard, it merely seems (to completely personify) confused.

Thanks in advance

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.